xul update problem

Daniel Wagner
Hi.
I try to create auto update mechanism in xul application using builtin feature Components.interfaces.nsIApplicationUpdateService. Unfortunately whatever xml file I use xul responds with

*** AUS:SVC Checker: checkForUpdates, force: true
*** AUS:SVC Checker:getUpdateURL - update URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
*** AUS:SVC gCanCheckForUpdates - able to check for updates
*** AUS:SVC Checker:checkForUpdates - sending request to: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
*** AUS:SVC Checker:onProgress - 422/422
UPDATE - update check progress
*** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - request completed downloading document
*** AUS:SVC Checker:updates get - invalid <update/>, ignoring...
*** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - number of updates available: 0

I used this xml and it doesn't work at all
 https://wiki.mozilla.org/Software_Update:HowToTestMajorUpdateUI

Maybe someone had succeed to build working update mechanism in xul application

Re: xul update problem

Daniel Wagner
On Monday, June 10, 2013 12:25:49 PM UTC+2, Daniel Wagner wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I try to create auto update mechanism in xul application using builtin feature Components.interfaces.nsIApplicationUpdateService. Unfortunately whatever xml file I use xul responds with
>

> *** AUS:SVC Checker: checkForUpdates, force: true
>
> *** AUS:SVC Checker:getUpdateURL - update URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
>
> *** AUS:SVC gCanCheckForUpdates - able to check for updates
>
> *** AUS:SVC Checker:checkForUpdates - sending request to: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
>
> *** AUS:SVC Checker:onProgress - 422/422
>
> UPDATE - update check progress
>
> *** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - request completed downloading document
>
> *** AUS:SVC Checker:updates get - invalid <update/>, ignoring...
>
> *** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - number of updates available: 0
>

> I used this xml and it doesn't work at all
>
>  https://wiki.mozilla.org/Software_Update:HowToTestMajorUpdateUI
>

> Maybe someone had succeed to build working update mechanism in xul application

I looks like adding 'name' attribute to <update/> tag solved problem. dunno why.

Re: xul update problem

Vikas Pushkar
On Monday, 10 June 2013 17:49:19 UTC+5:30, Daniel Wagner  wrote:

> On Monday, June 10, 2013 12:25:49 PM UTC+2, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I try to create auto update mechanism in xul application using builtin feature Components.interfaces.nsIApplicationUpdateService. Unfortunately whatever xml file I use xul responds with
> >

> > *** AUS:SVC Checker: checkForUpdates, force: true
> >
> > *** AUS:SVC Checker:getUpdateURL - update URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
> >
> > *** AUS:SVC gCanCheckForUpdates - able to check for updates
> >
> > *** AUS:SVC Checker:checkForUpdates - sending request to: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
> >
> > *** AUS:SVC Checker:onProgress - 422/422
> >
> > UPDATE - update check progress
> >
> > *** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - request completed downloading document
> >
> > *** AUS:SVC Checker:updates get - invalid <update/>, ignoring...
> >
> > *** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - number of updates available: 0
> >

> > I used this xml and it doesn't work at all
> >
> >  https://wiki.mozilla.org/Software_Update:HowToTestMajorUpdateUI
> >

> > Maybe someone had succeed to build working update mechanism in xul application
>
> I looks like adding 'name' attribute to <update/> tag solved problem. dunno why.

thanks for sharing