xsl:output method

mozguy
I find that using html works with opera, but not firefox.

Anyone know why?

P.S. Glad there is a forum for this, so many general IT and web
development forums have disappeared.

Re: xsl:output method

Martin Honnen-3
mozguy wrote:
> I find that using html works with opera, but not firefox.
>
> Anyone know why?

Can you explained what you are doing exactly and in what way it does not
work as you expect it?

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Re: xsl:output method

mozguy
Martin Honnen wrote:
> mozguy wrote:
>> I find that using html works with opera, but not firefox.
>>
>> Anyone know why?
>
> Can you explained what you are doing exactly and in what way it does not
> work as you expect it?

Hi,

Briefly, when I used the xsl directive in opera it turns on xlinks but
in mozilla all it does is make the links appear, eg no actuator.

Thank you

Re: xsl:output method

Martin Honnen-3
mozguy wrote:
> Martin Honnen wrote:
>> mozguy wrote:
>>> I find that using html works with opera, but not firefox.
>>>
>>> Anyone know why?
>>
>> Can you explained what you are doing exactly and in what way it does
>> not work as you expect it?
>>

> Briefly, when I used the xsl directive in opera it turns on xlinks but
> in mozilla all it does is make the links appear, eg no actuator.

Can you post a URL to a XML document and a stylesheet demonstrating the
problem?
I don't see how xlinks (assuming you are talking about XLinks
http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink/) have anything to do with xsl:output
method="html" as XLinks are for creating links in XML while HTML has its
own link elements ('a', 'link').

Martin Honnen wrote:

> mozguy wrote:
>> Martin Honnen wrote:

>>> Can you explained what you are doing exactly and in what way it does
>>> not work as you expect it?
>>>

>> Briefly, when I used the xsl directive in opera it turns on xlinks but
>> in mozilla all it does is make the links appear, eg no actuator.
>
> Can you post a URL to a XML document and a stylesheet demonstrating the
> problem?
> I don't see how xlinks (assuming you are talking about XLinks
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink/) have anything to do with xsl:output
> method="html" as XLinks are for creating links in XML while HTML has its
> own link elements ('a', 'link').

Hi, yes but I'm using HTML as the rendering language.

Re: xsl:output method

mozguy
It seems that it especially does not like running external scripts since
as an xml application it is forbidden, funny though IE runs almost any
instructions without or without xsl:output set, with Opera being a bit
more fussy but Mozilla refusing outright.

I don't say this is *safer* I just think the standard hasn't yet been
determined.