xpi & ipluginw

Dilbert Firestorm
what version is xpi supposed to work under?

tried to get the recent ipluginw from innotek site, one of its link had
an xpi file rather than a zip file.

also, does ipluginw have to be in a the components directory instead of
dumping it into an dll directory?

Re: xpi & ipluginw

Steve Wendt
Dilbert Firestorm wrote:

> what version is xpi supposed to work under?

XPI in general, or ipluginw.xpi?  I believe XPI has been around since
before Mozilla 1.0.  The ipluginw.xpi is for all OS/2 versions of
Mozilla after 1.4.x (the builds compiled with GCC).

> tried to get the recent ipluginw from innotek site, one of its link had
> an xpi file rather than a zip file.

The XPI takes care of installation for you.  Numerous people have had
trouble with the manual install.

> also, does ipluginw have to be in a the components directory instead of
> dumping it into an dll directory?

I believe its location *is* important, although I'm not sure why.

Re: xpi & ipluginw

James-37
Steve Wendt wrote:

> Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
>
>> what version is xpi supposed to work under?
>
> XPI in general, or ipluginw.xpi?  I believe XPI has been around since
> before Mozilla 1.0.  The ipluginw.xpi is for all OS/2 versions of
> Mozilla after 1.4.x (the builds compiled with GCC).
>
>> tried to get the recent ipluginw from innotek site, one of its link
>> had an xpi file rather than a zip file.
>
> The XPI takes care of installation for you.  Numerous people have had
> trouble with the manual install.
>
>> also, does ipluginw have to be in a the components directory instead
>> of dumping it into an dll directory?
>
> I believe its location *is* important, although I'm not sure why.

One thing I noticed under Mozilla 1.7x is that any .xpi file that has
more than a single "dot" e.g

enigmail_0.9.1_for_Mozilla1.7.xpi

will not show up in the file selection box when installing an .xpi from
a local disk.

Haven't noticed if this behavior continues in SM 1.0A.

--
James