xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

John J Barton
I have been trying to add support for XSLT pages to Firebug. The basic
problem is that XSLT does not seem to signal these events:
     win.addEventListener("pagehide", onUnloadTopWindow, true);
     win.addEventListener("pageshow", onLoadWindowContent, true);
     win.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", onLoadWindowContent, true);
Does anyone know if this is a known problem, a reflection of the
incomplete state of XSLT implementation, or working as designed?

Thanks,
John.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xml mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

Boris Zbarsky
John J. Barton wrote:
> I have been trying to add support for XSLT pages to Firebug.

You mean ones transformed client-side?

> The basic problem is that XSLT does not seem to signal these events:
>     win.addEventListener("pagehide", onUnloadTopWindow, true);
>     win.addEventListener("pageshow", onLoadWindowContent, true);
>     win.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", onLoadWindowContent, true);

I'd expect the first two to fire for client-side-transformed things. Not sure
about DOMContentLoaded; would have to look at the source to make sure.

-Boris

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xml mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

John J Barton
Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> John J. Barton wrote:
>> I have been trying to add support for XSLT pages to Firebug.
>
> You mean ones transformed client-side?
>
>> The basic problem is that XSLT does not seem to signal these events:
>>     win.addEventListener("pagehide", onUnloadTopWindow, true);
>>     win.addEventListener("pageshow", onLoadWindowContent, true);
>>     win.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", onLoadWindowContent, true);
>
> I'd expect the first two to fire for client-side-transformed things. Not
> sure about DOMContentLoaded; would have to look at the source to make sure.
>
> -Boris
>
Yes client side, I don't see any of these events in Firebug.
eg testXSLT.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="testXSLT.xsl"?>
<root>
</root>
and testXSLT.xsl:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:template match="/">
<html>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">alert("hello");</script>
<h1>XSLT test</h1>
</body>
</html>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xml mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

Martin Honnen-3
In reply to this post by John J Barton
John J. Barton wrote:
> I have been trying to add support for XSLT pages to Firebug. The basic
> problem is that XSLT does not seem to signal these events:
>     win.addEventListener("pagehide", onUnloadTopWindow, true);
>     win.addEventListener("pageshow", onLoadWindowContent, true);
>     win.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", onLoadWindowContent, true);
> Does anyone know if this is a known problem, a reflection of the
> incomplete state of XSLT implementation, or working as designed?

The DOMContentLoaded bug has been filed before
   <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=325891>
although I haven't checked with a recent trunk build whether that still
applies.



--

        Martin Honnen
        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xml mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

Boris Zbarsky
In reply to this post by John J Barton
John J. Barton wrote:
> Yes client side, I don't see any of these events in Firebug.

On trunk?  On branch there's a problem of some sort (see comments in
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=325891), but on trunk I'd still
expect this to work...

-Boris

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xml mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

John J Barton
In reply to this post by Martin Honnen-3
Martin Honnen wrote:

> John J. Barton wrote:
>> I have been trying to add support for XSLT pages to Firebug. The basic
>> problem is that XSLT does not seem to signal these events:
>>     win.addEventListener("pagehide", onUnloadTopWindow, true);
>>     win.addEventListener("pageshow", onLoadWindowContent, true);
>>     win.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", onLoadWindowContent, true);
>> Does anyone know if this is a known problem, a reflection of the
>> incomplete state of XSLT implementation, or working as designed?
>
> The DOMContentLoaded bug has been filed before
>   <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=325891>
> although I haven't checked with a recent trunk build whether that still
> applies.
>
I should not have included that event here, since I knew about that bug.
How about pageshow and pagehide?
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xml mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xml/xsl document events for debugger (pagehide, pageshow)

John J Barton
In reply to this post by Boris Zbarsky
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> John J. Barton wrote:
>> Yes client side, I don't see any of these events in Firebug.
>
> On trunk?  On branch there's a problem of some sort (see comments in
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=325891), but on trunk I'd
> still expect this to work...
>
> -Boris
>
FF 2.0.0.4 is what I use. I'll try Gran Paradiso soon.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xml mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xml