worthless

1234 ... 6

worthless

HoneyBun-2
Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.

I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.

Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

Re: worthless

WaltS48
On 09/28/2014 06:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

Dead newsgroup? I see ~43 posts since last Sunday. How many do you
require? How was it killed?

Re: worthless

RAV-2
On 9/28/2014 6:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

m.s. firefox is still working for me.  Perhaps check with your ISP?

Re: worthless

Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Rav wrote:

> On 9/28/2014 6:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
>> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
>> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
>> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
>> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.
>
> m.s. firefox is still working for me.  Perhaps check with your ISP?

If Honeybun can read and post to this group, he can do the same to
m.s.firefox. His ISP has nothing to do with his connection to any one
specific newsgroup at news.mozilla.org

I read his post as "I'm disgusted and I'm leaving..."

--
   -bts

Re: worthless

RAV-2
On 9/28/2014 8:27 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Rav wrote:
>
>> On 9/28/2014 6:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
>>> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
>>> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
>>> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>>> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
>>> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>>> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.
>>
>> m.s. firefox is still working for me.  Perhaps check with your ISP?
>
> If Honeybun can read and post to this group, he can do the same to
> m.s.firefox. His ISP has nothing to do with his connection to any one
> specific newsgroup at news.mozilla.org
>
> I read his post as "I'm disgusted and I'm leaving..."

Sorry, I should have surrounded my response with <Sarcasm> tags!

Re: worthless

Ron Hunter
On 9/28/2014 5:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

If you are not longer using the products, one wonders why you continue
to read, and post...

Re: worthless

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think HoneyBun said this:

 > I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25

Is it the same as "no longer using it"?  I don't think so.

Re: worthless

ยปQยซ
In <news:[hidden email]>,
"HoneyBun" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

You probably shouldn't quit trolling until you find some other interest
to fill the void.  This latest troll post having gotten more responses
than all your previous ones combined, you may even find your interest
growing again.

Re: worthless

Ron Hunter
On 9/28/2014 8:19 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 29/09/2014 01:42, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 9/28/2014 5:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
>>> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
>>> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
>>> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>>> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
>>> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>>> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.
>>
>> If you are not longer using the products, one wonders why you continue
>> to read, and post...
>>

> I think HoneyBun said this:
>
>  > I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25
>
> Is it the same as "no longer using it"?  I don't think so.

Dead browser, dead newsgroups. Zero interest?
Then WHY would you be using it?

Re: worthless

caver1-5
On 09/28/2014 06:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>
> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>
> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

And your problem is?

--
Caver1

Re: worthless

Mr. Ed
On 9/29/2014 7:42 AM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 09/28/2014 06:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
>> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>>
>> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>>
>> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.
>>

> And your problem is?

His problem is mental and one that causes him to sow discord on the
Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting
inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community
(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate
intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise
disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Looks like he's succeeded.

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed

Re: worthless

ยปQยซ
In <news:[hidden email]>,
"Mr. Ed" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/29/2014 7:42 AM, Caver1 wrote:

> > And your problem is?
>
> His problem is mental and one that causes him to sow discord on the
> Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting
> inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community
> (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate
> intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise
> disrupting normal on-topic discussion
>
> Looks like he's succeeded.

The group doesn't look any more disrupted than usual to me.

Re: worthless

s|b-2
On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:51:02 -0500, HoneyBun wrote:

> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

Dead troll.

*plonk*

--
s|b

Re: worthless

The Real Bev
On 09/28/2014 04:14 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 09/28/2014 06:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
>> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
>> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
>> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
>> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.
>
> Dead newsgroup? I see ~43 posts since last Sunday. How many do you
> require? How was it killed?

I'm apparently banned.  I don't get the cautioning emails any more, my
posts, THE ACTUAL ON-TOPIC ONES, just don't get posted and it's too much
trouble to try and use a different email address -- especially since all
the smart guys are here anyway.

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: worthless

EE-2
HoneyBun wrote:
> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>
> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>
> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.

I went to Firefox 24esr, which had updated security up to release 30.
Interestingly, this month there was an update going to FF 24.8.1 esr.

Re: worthless

Beauregard T. Shagnasty
The Real Bev wrote:

> On 09/28/2014 04:14 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 09/28/2014 06:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
>>> Since they killed m.s.firefox ...
>>
>> Dead newsgroup? I see ~43 posts since last Sunday. How many do you
>> require? How was it killed?
>
> I'm apparently banned. I don't get the cautioning emails any more, my
> posts, THE ACTUAL ON-TOPIC ONES, just don't get posted and it's too much
> trouble to try and use a different email address -- especially since all
> the smart guys are here anyway.

Same for me. Obviously banned by ChrisI for no real reason at all. My
posts never show up either.

--
   -bts

Re: worthless

Morgana-2
On 29-Sep-2014 15:07, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 09/28/2014 04:14 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 09/28/2014 06:51 PM, HoneyBun wrote:
>>> Since they killed m.s.firefox I'm finding these NGs to be almost
>>> worthless, of greatly diminished interest for me. I used to visit
>>> several times a day, now maybe only once a week. Soon, maybe nevermore.
>>> I'm not upgrading Firefox beyond version 25, which is the end of that
>>> line for me. It's already dead and buried, afaic.
>>> Dead browser. Dead newsgroup. Zero interest.
>>
>> Dead newsgroup? I see ~43 posts since last Sunday. How many do you
>> require? How was it killed?
>
> I'm apparently banned.  I don't get the cautioning emails any more, my
> posts, THE ACTUAL ON-TOPIC ONES, just don't get posted and it's too much
> trouble to try and use a different email address -- especially since all
> the smart guys are here anyway.

Join the crowd, :-)

Re: worthless

WaltS48
On 09/29/2014 05:05 PM, W. Pepper wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:48:06 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The Real Bev wrote:

>>> I'm apparently banned. I don't get the cautioning emails any more, my
>>> posts, THE ACTUAL ON-TOPIC ONES, just don't get posted and it's too much
>>> trouble to try and use a different email address -- especially since all
>>> the smart guys are here anyway.
>>
>> Same for me. Obviously banned by ChrisI for no real reason at all. My
>> posts never show up either.
>
> I have not been banned from any of the Mozilla groups, never-the-less, it is my
> humble opinion that Chris Ilias is a bungling boob who would be quite
> comfortable as a member of the communist party central committee in the Peoples
> Republic of China or the DPRK.

I love how these devolve into bash Chris posts.

You do know he doesn't subscribe to this newsgroup so can not defend
himself? Not that he would waste his time.

You repeatedly go into a movie theater and yell "Fire", or smuggle
popcorn, candy and pop into the theater when you know it is breaking the
rules, and get banned.

I guess management of the theater would also be comfortable as a member
of the communist party committee.

Those banned repeatedly broke the rules, received warnings that you
ignored. Now live with the consequences.

Re: worthless

Ron Hunter
On 9/29/2014 4:05 PM, W. Pepper wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:48:06 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The Real Bev wrote:

>>> I'm apparently banned. I don't get the cautioning emails any more, my
>>> posts, THE ACTUAL ON-TOPIC ONES, just don't get posted and it's too much
>>> trouble to try and use a different email address -- especially since all
>>> the smart guys are here anyway.
>>
>> Same for me. Obviously banned by ChrisI for no real reason at all. My
>> posts never show up either.
>
> I have not been banned from any of the Mozilla groups, never-the-less, it is my
> humble opinion that Chris Ilias is a bungling boob who would be quite
> comfortable as a member of the communist party central committee in the Peoples
> Republic of China or the DPRK.

He doesn't seem to be exactly consistent in how he enforces the rules.
It is always this way when groups go to the moderator approach.

Re: worthless

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰
On 29/09/2014 20:07, The Real Bev wrote:

> I'm apparently banned.  I don't get the cautioning emails any more, my
> posts, THE ACTUAL ON-TOPIC ONES, just don't get posted and it's too
> much trouble to try and use a different email address -- especially
> since all the smart guys are here anyway.

Smart guys here (if any of course) don't need to have an email to post
here.  Why you need an email is simply beyond me.

1234 ... 6