wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

G.G.-2
Please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url
instead of using an add on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/reviews/display/7429

Re: wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

Moz Champion (Dan)
G.G. wrote:
> Please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url
> instead of using an add on.
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/reviews/display/7429

Bookmarks-->Organize Bookmarks  select Bookmark <Delete> (<Backspace>)

Re: wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

EE-2
Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> G.G. wrote:
>> Please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url
>> instead of using an add on.
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/reviews/display/7429
>

> Bookmarks-->Organize Bookmarks  select Bookmark <Delete> (<Backspace>)

I think what the poster wants is to have bookmarks in the dropdown list
under the address bar to be easy to clear out.  They are not easy to
clear out, and that is a nuisance.  I myself have had to be very careful
how I added new bookmarks because I do not want them to be persisting in
that dropdown.  It does not make much sense to have those things persist
anyway.  If you have the address bookmarked, you do not need it in the
dropdown list.

EE wrote:

> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> G.G. wrote:
>>> Please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url
>>> instead of using an add on.
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/reviews/display/7429
>>

>> Bookmarks-->Organize Bookmarks  select Bookmark <Delete> (<Backspace>)
>
> I think what the poster wants is to have bookmarks in the dropdown list
> under the address bar to be easy to clear out.  They are not easy to
> clear out, and that is a nuisance.  I myself have had to be very careful
> how I added new bookmarks because I do not want them to be persisting in
> that dropdown.  It does not make much sense to have those things persist
> anyway.  If you have the address bookmarked, you do not need it in the
> dropdown list.

Um what is so difficult ?

Bookmarks-->Organize Bookmarks  select Bookmark to want to clear out
hit <Delete>   (<Backspace>)

That's not easy?

If you filed the bookmark away to one of the folders, then it wouldnt BE
in the dropdown list (hidden in the folder)

The drop down list lists them so it's EASY to use a bookmark,

Bookmarks-->select where you want to go

You mean make it EASY to delete a bookmark so you can't see it, so it
would be DIFFICULT to find it when you wanted it?  Backwards to me.

Re: wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

G.G.-2
It would be nice if the same thing could be done by using the tools
clear private data option.
Maybe it's just a woman thing.  Maybe I'm being too picky.  I'll just
use the add on.  Thx.

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> EE wrote:
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

>>> Bookmarks-->Organize Bookmarks  select Bookmark <Delete> (<Backspace>)
>>
>> I think what the poster wants is to have bookmarks in the dropdown
>> list under the address bar to be easy to clear out.  They are not easy
>> to clear out, and that is a nuisance.  I myself have had to be very
>> careful how I added new bookmarks because I do not want them to be
>> persisting in that dropdown.  It does not make much sense to have
>> those things persist anyway.  If you have the address bookmarked, you
>> do not need it in the dropdown list.
>

> Um what is so difficult ?
>

> Bookmarks-->Organize Bookmarks  select Bookmark to want to clear out hit
> <Delete>   (<Backspace>)
>

> That's not easy?
>
> If you filed the bookmark away to one of the folders, then it wouldnt BE
> in the dropdown list (hidden in the folder)

Oh yes, it would.  I had that happen to me.  I typed an address into the
address bar because I was copying it from another computer, then hit the
Enter key and bookmarked the page after looking at it.  That address
stayed in the dropdown afterwards.

> The drop down list lists them so it's EASY to use a bookmark,
>
> Bookmarks-->select where you want to go
>

> You mean make it EASY to delete a bookmark so you can't see it, so it
> would be DIFFICULT to find it when you wanted it?  Backwards to me.

I do not want bookmarked addresses in the dropdown list.  I do not need
that cluttered with stuff that I have in the bookmarks.  That is why I
have bookmarks, so I can find my favourite pages easily.
If I have to remove a bookmark, then clear out the history to clear the
dropdown list (having changed the Bonus values to 0 to make sure that
that dropdown list will clear when I clear the history), then put that
bookmark back in using the bookmark organizer, that is an awkward way to
clear out a bookmark that is in the dropdown list.

Re: wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

Miles-4
* EE wrote, On 7/24/2008 10:59:

> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> EE wrote:

> I do not want bookmarked addresses in the dropdown list.  I do not need
> that cluttered with stuff that I have in the bookmarks.  That is why I
> have bookmarks, so I can find my favourite pages easily.
> If I have to remove a bookmark, then clear out the history to clear the
> dropdown list (having changed the Bonus values to 0 to make sure that
> that dropdown list will clear when I clear the history), then put that
> bookmark back in using the bookmark organizer, that is an awkward way to
> clear out a bookmark that is in the dropdown list.

Perhaps this will help:
http://cybernetnews.com/2008/07/23/cybernotes-understanding-tweaking-the-firefox-3-address-bar/#more-13606

Miles

Miles wrote:

> * EE wrote, On 7/24/2008 10:59:
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

>> I do not want bookmarked addresses in the dropdown list.  I do not
>> need that cluttered with stuff that I have in the bookmarks.  That is
>> why I have bookmarks, so I can find my favourite pages easily.
>> If I have to remove a bookmark, then clear out the history to clear
>> the dropdown list (having changed the Bonus values to 0 to make sure
>> that that dropdown list will clear when I clear the history), then put
>> that bookmark back in using the bookmark organizer, that is an awkward
>> way to clear out a bookmark that is in the dropdown list.
>
> Perhaps this will help:
> http://cybernetnews.com/2008/07/23/cybernotes-understanding-tweaking-the-firefox-3-address-bar/#more-13606
>

> Miles

Thanks, but I have already tweaked Firefox settings as the article
suggests.  The problem happens if you add the bookmark to the address
bar manually, then bookmark it.  It gets stuck in the dropdown.  You
have to be careful not to add bookmarks that way.  As far as hiding
things goes, the extra stuff is still stored, just hidden.  The dropdown
list is useful for looking at a page, then backing off to the parent
directories, for instance.

Re: wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

user-41
sometime in the recent past EE posted this:

> Miles wrote:
>> * EE wrote, On 7/24/2008 10:59:

>>> I do not want bookmarked addresses in the dropdown list.  I do not
>>> need that cluttered with stuff that I have in the bookmarks.  That is
>>> why I have bookmarks, so I can find my favourite pages easily.
>>> If I have to remove a bookmark, then clear out the history to clear
>>> the dropdown list (having changed the Bonus values to 0 to make sure
>>> that that dropdown list will clear when I clear the history), then
>>> put that bookmark back in using the bookmark organizer, that is an
>>> awkward way to clear out a bookmark that is in the dropdown list.
>>
>> Perhaps this will help:
>> http://cybernetnews.com/2008/07/23/cybernotes-understanding-tweaking-the-firefox-3-address-bar/#more-13606
>>

>> Miles
>
> Thanks, but I have already tweaked Firefox settings as the article
> suggests.  The problem happens if you add the bookmark to the address
> bar manually, then bookmark it.  It gets stuck in the dropdown.  You
> have to be careful not to add bookmarks that way.  As far as hiding
> things goes, the extra stuff is still stored, just hidden.  The dropdown
> list is useful for looking at a page, then backing off to the parent
> directories, for instance.
I think I know what you're talking about. In the url bar at the top of
Firefox where it identifies where you are, hit the arrow so the drop-down
appears and then hover over the url you don't want there and hit <DEL> and
it's gone. I haven't checked to see if it persists when I shutdown Firefox
and come back, but for this session it works.

Wilson

Re: wish for firefox: please allow users to be able to delete bookmarks in the browser url

user-41
sometime in the recent past [hidden email] posted this:

> sometime in the recent past EE posted this:
>> Miles wrote:

>>> Perhaps this will help:
>>> http://cybernetnews.com/2008/07/23/cybernotes-understanding-tweaking-the-firefox-3-address-bar/#more-13606
>>>

>>> Miles
>>
>> Thanks, but I have already tweaked Firefox settings as the article
>> suggests.  The problem happens if you add the bookmark to the address
>> bar manually, then bookmark it.  It gets stuck in the dropdown.  You
>> have to be careful not to add bookmarks that way.  As far as hiding
>> things goes, the extra stuff is still stored, just hidden.  The
>> dropdown list is useful for looking at a page, then backing off to the
>> parent directories, for instance.
> I think I know what you're talking about. In the url bar at the top of
> Firefox where it identifies where you are, hit the arrow so the
> drop-down appears and then hover over the url you don't want there and
> hit <DEL> and it's gone. I haven't checked to see if it persists when I
> shutdown Firefox and come back, but for this session it works.
>
> Wilson
Never mind, didn't even have to exit for it to persist.

Wilson