[win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Maurits Obbink
Win 32/64 only.

Hi from the Netherlands,

Can anyone confirm that Google Desktop doesn't work with Seamonkey (1.0b
nightly 20-Nov latest tested)
Does anyone know if it will be (assuming it doesn't work at your side as
well.)

Regards,

Maurits Obbink.

P.S.: if confirmed I'm willing to ask google.
P.P.S.: Yes I did search Google
P.P.P.S: Yes I tried reinstalling Google Desktop, and tried moving the
google files from the old Mozilla suite directory into the Seamonkey one.
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Juhani Tenhunen
Yes, my Google Desktop opens the IE (!), but without working capabilities.

Juhani Tenhunen
Sm 1.5a,  b. 2005120108

Maurits Obbink wrote:

> Win 32/64 only.
>
> Hi from the Netherlands,
>
> Can anyone confirm that Google Desktop doesn't work with Seamonkey (1.0b
> nightly 20-Nov latest tested)
> Does anyone know if it will be (assuming it doesn't work at your side as
> well.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Maurits Obbink.
>
> P.S.: if confirmed I'm willing to ask google.
> P.P.S.: Yes I did search Google
> P.P.P.S: Yes I tried reinstalling Google Desktop, and tried moving the
> google files from the old Mozilla suite directory into the Seamonkey one.
>  
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Maurits Obbink
In reply to this post by Maurits Obbink
Well let me elaborate on it, Google desktop works, it just doesn't index
mail from Seamonkey (while it does for mozilla suite).
Neither does browser history searching work (I don't mind, since I
turned it of anyway)

Google desktop works for the rest. (in Seamonkey all file searches work,
(all already indexed, mozilla application suite data isn't openend either)

Is Seamonkey set as default on your side? [Edit] --> [Preferences] -->
[Navigator]--> [Set default browser] --> [OK]

Regards,

Maurits Obbink

P.S. It's getting off topic I assume (this almost more about GDS than
Seamonkey)

Juhani Tenhunen wrote:

> Yes, my Google Desktop opens the IE (!), but without working capabilities.
>
> Juhani Tenhunen
> Sm 1.5a,  b. 2005120108
>
> Maurits Obbink wrote:
>> Win 32/64 only.
>>
>> Hi from the Netherlands,
>>
>> Can anyone confirm that Google Desktop doesn't work with Seamonkey (1.0b
>> nightly 20-Nov latest tested)
>> Does anyone know if it will be (assuming it doesn't work at your side as
>> well.)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Maurits Obbink.
>>
>> P.S.: if confirmed I'm willing to ask google.
>> P.P.S.: Yes I did search Google
>> P.P.P.S: Yes I tried reinstalling Google Desktop, and tried moving the
>> google files from the old Mozilla suite directory into the Seamonkey one.
>>  
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Juhani Tenhunen
Yes, I have Sm as my default browser.

Juhani Tenhunen
now Sm 1.5a with the new logo (sea monkey seems to be a plankton
crustacean, which is its scientific name?)

Maurits Obbink wrote:

> Well let me elaborate on it, Google desktop works, it just doesn't index
> mail from Seamonkey (while it does for mozilla suite).
> Neither does browser history searching work (I don't mind, since I
> turned it of anyway)
>
> Google desktop works for the rest. (in Seamonkey all file searches work,
> (all already indexed, mozilla application suite data isn't openend either)
>
> Is Seamonkey set as default on your side? [Edit] --> [Preferences] -->
> [Navigator]--> [Set default browser] --> [OK]
>
> Regards,
>
> Maurits Obbink
>
> P.S. It's getting off topic I assume (this almost more about GDS than
> Seamonkey)
>
> Juhani Tenhunen wrote:
>  
>> Yes, my Google Desktop opens the IE (!), but without working capabilities.
>>
>> Juhani Tenhunen
>> Sm 1.5a,  b. 2005120108
>>
>> Maurits Obbink wrote:
>>    
>>> Win 32/64 only.
>>>
>>> Hi from the Netherlands,
>>>
>>> Can anyone confirm that Google Desktop doesn't work with Seamonkey (1.0b
>>> nightly 20-Nov latest tested)
>>> Does anyone know if it will be (assuming it doesn't work at your side as
>>> well.)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Maurits Obbink.
>>>
>>> P.S.: if confirmed I'm willing to ask google.
>>> P.P.S.: Yes I did search Google
>>> P.P.P.S: Yes I tried reinstalling Google Desktop, and tried moving the
>>> google files from the old Mozilla suite directory into the Seamonkey one.
>>>
>>>      

_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Robert Kaiser
In reply to this post by Maurits Obbink
Juhani Tenhunen schrieb:
> now Sm 1.5a with the new logo (sea monkey seems to be a plankton
> crustacean, which is its scientific name?)

The scientific name is Artemia Nyos, they're a a close relative to
Artemia Salina (brine shrimp).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-Monkey should tell more about them...

Robert Kaiser
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trademark problems: Sea-Monkeys vs Seamonkey?

Juhani Tenhunen
Viele Danken, Robert!

If Seamonkey will be used as a "commercial" product, I suppose that the owners of  the  "Sea-Monkeys" trademark  could  have  something  to  say :-$ !

Artemia salina can also be named as "salty leaffoot" :-!

Mit vielen Gruessen,

Juhani Tenhunen
Helsinki, Finland

Robert Kaiser schrieb:
The scientific name is Artemia Nyos, they're a a close relative to Artemia Salina (brine shrimp).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-Monkey should tell more about them...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trademark problems: Sea-Monkeys vs Seamonkey?

Robert Kaiser
In reply to this post by Robert Kaiser
Juhani Tenhunen schrieb:
> Viele Danken, Robert!

;-)

(BTW: "Vielen Dank" would be really correct...)

> If Seamonkey will be used as a "commercial" product, I suppose that the
> owners of  the  "Sea-Monkeys" trademark  could  have  something  to  say
> :-$ !

It is important to understand trademark rules/law (or at least some
basic principles, IANAL myself) for that...

1) We are NOT called "Sea Monkey" (two words), we are "SeaMonkey" (one
word). That difference is important for trademark law.

2) They have no trademark that applies to internet software. Trademarks
only apply to certain market sectors, and the same word/combination can
be trademarked by different entities in different market sectors.

3) We had trademark lawers check if us using that name is kay before we
went public with the name. That was the main reason why it took months
before we had an official name. And those trademark lawers told us that
everything is fine with our useage of that name.

I hope this clears up your doubts.

Robert Kaiser
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trademark problems: Sea-Monkeys vs Seamonkey?

John A.-2
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:58:51 +0100, Robert Kaiser <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Juhani Tenhunen schrieb:
>> Viele Danken, Robert!
>
>;-)
>
>(BTW: "Vielen Dank" would be really correct...)
>
>> If Seamonkey will be used as a "commercial" product, I suppose that the
>> owners of  the  "Sea-Monkeys" trademark  could  have  something  to  say
>> :-$ !
>
>It is important to understand trademark rules/law (or at least some
>basic principles, IANAL myself) for that...
>
>1) We are NOT called "Sea Monkey" (two words), we are "SeaMonkey" (one
>word). That difference is important for trademark law.
>
>2) They have no trademark that applies to internet software. Trademarks
>only apply to certain market sectors, and the same word/combination can
>be trademarked by different entities in different market sectors.
>
>3) We had trademark lawers check if us using that name is kay before we
>went public with the name. That was the main reason why it took months
>before we had an official name. And those trademark lawers told us that
>everything is fine with our useage of that name.
>
>I hope this clears up your doubts.
>
>Robert Kaiser

Maybe if Seamonkey didn't have a brine shrimp in its logo...
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trademark problems: Sea-Monkeys vs Seamonkey?

Gus Richter
John A. wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:58:51 +0100, Robert Kaiser <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Juhani Tenhunen schrieb:
>>
>>>Viele Danken, Robert!
>>
>>;-)
>>
>>(BTW: "Vielen Dank" would be really correct...)
>>
>>
>>>If Seamonkey will be used as a "commercial" product, I suppose that the
>>>owners of  the  "Sea-Monkeys" trademark  could  have  something  to  say
>>>:-$ !
>>
>>It is important to understand trademark rules/law (or at least some
>>basic principles, IANAL myself) for that...
>>
>>1) We are NOT called "Sea Monkey" (two words), we are "SeaMonkey" (one
>>word). That difference is important for trademark law.
>>
>>2) They have no trademark that applies to internet software. Trademarks
>>only apply to certain market sectors, and the same word/combination can
>>be trademarked by different entities in different market sectors.
>>
>>3) We had trademark lawers check if us using that name is kay before we
>>went public with the name. That was the main reason why it took months
>>before we had an official name. And those trademark lawers told us that
>>everything is fine with our useage of that name.
>>
>>I hope this clears up your doubts.
>>
>>Robert Kaiser
>
>
> Maybe if Seamonkey didn't have a brine shrimp in its logo...

A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet!

--
Gus
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Maurits Obbink
In reply to this post by Maurits Obbink
This issue has been addressed with Google.
At google this has bug #40639977]. (Not in Bugzilla.mozilla.org !!!)

I'll keep you posted if I know more.

Regards,

Maurits Obbink.

Maurits Obbink wrote:

> Win 32/64 only.
>
> Hi from the Netherlands,
>
> Can anyone confirm that Google Desktop doesn't work with Seamonkey (1.0b
> nightly 20-Nov latest tested)
> Does anyone know if it will be (assuming it doesn't work at your side as
> well.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Maurits Obbink.
>
> P.S.: if confirmed I'm willing to ask google.
> P.P.S.: Yes I did search Google
> P.P.P.S: Yes I tried reinstalling Google Desktop, and tried moving the
> google files from the old Mozilla suite directory into the Seamonkey one.
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Jeff Beal
Maurits Obbink wrote:
> This issue has been addressed with Google.
> At google this has bug #40639977]. (Not in Bugzilla.mozilla.org !!!)
>
> I'll keep you posted if I know more.
>
> Regards,
>
> Maurits Obbink.

Does Google have the equivalent of a "Vote for this bug" someplace?  I,
too, would prefer it if Google Desktop would index my SeaMonkey mail and
browsing history.

Jeff
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [win 32 only] Google Desktop not function with Seamonkey? (please confirm)

Robert Kaiser
Jeff Beal schrieb:
> Does Google have the equivalent of a "Vote for this bug" someplace?

I hope not. It's enough if we have that dead-born baby still lying
around in bugzilla.

Robert Kaiser
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey