where the sample codes move to ?

spark.bao
hello,

I am reading the wiki of NPAPI, at this page, "https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Gecko_Plugin_API_Reference/Plug-in_Development_Overview#Building.2C_Platforms.2C_and_Compilers",it tells me that you can find sample codes at "http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/modules/plugin/tools/sdk/samples/basic",but when I enter in, it says "This file does not exist", so I want to ask that anybody knows where the sample codes move to.

I found a similar link, it is "http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/modules/plugin/tools/sdk/samples/basic/",
but I am not sure they are real same, because the time of these codes are 2004 or 2006, so old.

thx!

PS:forgive my poor English.

Re: where the sample codes move to ?

Benjamin Smedberg
On 11/5/2013 10:29 PM, spark.bao wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am reading the wiki of NPAPI, at this page, "https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Gecko_Plugin_API_Reference/Plug-in_Development_Overview#Building.2C_Platforms.2C_and_Compilers",it tells me that you can find sample codes at "http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/modules/plugin/tools/sdk/samples/basic",but when I enter in, it says "This file does not exist", so I want to ask that anybody knows where the sample codes move to.
These docs are very out of date. I have updated them to point to the
npapi-sdk project, which is the shared location of NPAPI header files
that multiple browser and plugin vendors share.

http://code.google.com/p/npapi-sdk/

--BDS

Re: where the sample codes move to ?

spark.bao
在 2013年11月10日星期日UTC+8上午12时20分03秒,Benjamin Smedberg写道:

> On 11/5/2013 10:29 PM, spark.bao wrote:
>
> > hello,
>

> > I am reading the wiki of NPAPI, at this page, "https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Gecko_Plugin_API_Reference/Plug-in_Development_Overview#Building.2C_Platforms.2C_and_Compilers",it tells me that you can find sample codes at "http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/modules/plugin/tools/sdk/samples/basic",but when I enter in, it says "This file does not exist", so I want to ask that anybody knows where the sample codes move to.
>
> These docs are very out of date. I have updated them to point to the
>
> npapi-sdk project, which is the shared location of NPAPI header files
>
> that multiple browser and plugin vendors share.
>

> http://code.google.com/p/npapi-sdk/
>

> --BDS

thx so much。But I think the npapi-sdk samples (http://code.google.com/p/npapi-sdk/source/browse/trunk/samples/unix-basic) are too simple。In fact, it even can't work well in my firefox under ubuntu 12.04, It doesn't display right color and ua string.

Re: where the sample codes move to ?

Georg Fritzsche-3

On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:15 AM, spark.bao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 在 2013年11月10日星期日UTC+8上午12时20分03秒,Benjamin Smedberg写道:
>> On 11/5/2013 10:29 PM, spark.bao wrote:
>>> I am reading the wiki of NPAPI, at this page, "https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Gecko_Plugin_API_Reference/Plug-in_Development_Overview#Building.2C_Platforms.2C_and_Compilers",it tells me that you can find sample codes at "http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/modules/plugin/tools/sdk/samples/basic",but when I enter in, it says "This file does not exist", so I want to ask that anybody knows where the sample codes move to.
>>
>> These docs are very out of date. I have updated them to point to the
>> npapi-sdk project, which is the shared location of NPAPI header files
>> that multiple browser and plugin vendors share.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/npapi-sdk/
>
> thx so much。But I think the npapi-sdk samples (http://code.google.com/p/npapi-sdk/source/browse/trunk/samples/unix-basic) are too simple。In fact, it even can't work well in my firefox under ubuntu 12.04, It doesn't display right color and ua string.

While it's not as straight-forward as sample plugins, our test-plugin definitely covers at least what Firefox supports:
http://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/plugins/test/testplugin

Georg