what is the best way to delete a user?

QA

what is the best way to delete a user?

QA
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: what is the best way to delete a user?

Marc Schumann
Sima,

On 5/13/05, Sima Yahyavi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I delete a user using MySQL and there are so many error messages when I do a
> sanity check. I add the user again with the same userid but I cannot get
> ride of the error.
>
> Please let me know what should I do?

the description of the allowuserdeletion parameter clearly states that
it is not recommended at all to delete users. So what you should do is
this: fall back to a backup from before deleting the user. Then,
switch the allowuserdeletion parameter off, and instead of deleting
the user, disable the user.

Alternatively, you can manually (SQL) hunt down all issues sanity
check complains about.
A second solution is to regenerate the user the way you did. Be aware
that even if you recreated the user with the same *login*, it's not
the same *userid*. The userid is a number that is never visible in the
UI. The missing userid is shown in sanity check; using SQL, you can
manually change the userid of the recreated user to the missing
userid.

Both alternative ways require some amount of work. You need to dig
into the Bugzilla database and learn its ways and relations. Tread
with care, and backup first.

   Kind regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support