wait for long time in marquee

rion10
I'm using mozilla 1.7.12, the marquee tag can be supported by it, but it
need wait for long time (about 2 or 3 minutes) to show next marquee when the
current marquee is finished displaying. But Mozilla 1.8b1 has no such
problem. Anyone know how to fix it? thanks a lot.

Re: wait for long time in marquee

Martijn-4
You want it fixed for Mozilla1.7.12? Why?
Afaik, a very small amount of people are using Mozilla1.7.12.

Regards,
Martijn

2007/6/7, luke liang <[hidden email]>:

> I'm using mozilla 1.7.12, the marquee tag can be supported by it, but it
> need wait for long time (about 2 or 3 minutes) to show next marquee when the
> current marquee is finished displaying. But Mozilla 1.8b1 has no such
> problem. Anyone know how to fix it? thanks a lot.

Martijn Wargers - Help Mozilla!
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/qa/
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community
irc://irc.mozilla.org/qa - /nick mw22

Re: wait for long time in marquee

Tony Mechelynck
luke liang wrote:
> I'm using mozilla 1.7.12, the marquee tag can be supported by it, but it
> need wait for long time (about 2 or 3 minutes) to show next marquee when the
> current marquee is finished displaying. But Mozilla 1.8b1 has no such
> problem. Anyone know how to fix it? thanks a lot.

The following assumes that your browser is not too old to know about CSS.
(Anyway, if I were you, I would upgrade to SeaMonkey 1.1, which has more or
less the same "look and feel" as the Mozilla Suite, but supports "modern"
websites and, more important, enjoys fixes for many "security holes" which
have been found in the Suite since the day it was released.)

1. Find your profile folder. Its location varies from browser to browser and
from platform to platform. If you don't know how to find it, there are
instructions at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
2. In your profile folder, there is a subfolder named "chrome". Go to it.
3. In that chrome folder, there may or may not be a file named
"userContent.css". Create it if it doesn't exist. If you wish, you may copy
"userContent-example.css" to it; the latter contains examples but they are all
commented-out; if you want to use any of them you will have to uncomment it.
4. Edit userChrome.css with an editor which doesn't choke on Unix-like line
endings (gvim or WordPad are OK, but not Notepad). Paste the following into it
(in simple language, it treats the <marquee> tag as if it were a <div>:

/*
  * Disable marquee scrolling.
  * The following is better than just "display: none !important"
  * because you can still see the marquee text, but without scrolling.
  */
marquee
   { -moz-binding:           none          !important
   ; display:                block         !important
   ; height:                 auto          !important
   }

Courtesy of http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html where you will find a
variety of useful CSS rules to change the look and feel of your Mozilla-family
browser.

You may add other rules to the above if you want special highlighting for what
used to be the marquee: for instance, adding

   ; color:                  navy          !important
   ; background-color:       yellow        !important

as additional lines before the }, will (as you might guess) change the text to
navy on yellow for the extent of the <marquee> tag.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"If dolphins are so smart, why did Flipper work for television?"