viva Haiku, death to BeOS

Alexander von Gluck IV
Good evening,

I was looking into porting NSS to Haiku (, and
noticed a rather large requirement of nspr.

Looking over the nspr source code, I noticed a *lot* of BeOS cruft that
no longer compiles.

I've been working at porting nspr this afternoon (using a lot of the old
BeOS sources and removing all the hacks).

I wanted to raise the following questions:

 1) If I submitted the Haiku patches, would they be welcome upstream?
    My work so far is here:
    And here:

 2) I'm keeping the Haiku bits apart from the BeOS bits.  If I were to
    finished, would this change be welcome?

I've not developed for Mozilla before, so hopefully I'm going about
things the right way.

I attached the unit tests I've gotten working so far, not bad for ~4
hours work :-)

 -- Alexander von Gluck

dev-tech-nspr mailing list
[hidden email]