Quantcast

vertical alignment of the LEGEND element

vertical alignment of the LEGEND element

Krzysztof Żelechowski-3
Hi, I would like to achieve the following layout:

    [LOGO]
--- Legend ---

To this end, I tried using the following markup:

  <head>
    <title>Test</title>
  </head>
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="#" ENCTYPE="MULTIPART/FORM-DATA" ><FIELDSET
><LEGEND >Legend</LEGEND ></FIELDSET ></FORM >

with the following style:

LEGEND { BACKGROUND: URL("http://www.webdevout.net/favicon.png");
BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; PADDING-TOP: 3EX; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom;
POSITION: relative; BOTTOM: 3EX }

But whatever I do, the Legend is rendered as if with VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle.

    [LOGO]
    Legend

What should I do to move the legend up?

Chris

Re: vertical alignment of the LEGEND element

karpaviciuspaulius
Might work, try moving it up with negative margin-top, padding-top, not the best option but sometimes help