upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

TrishB
I'm having problems upgrading Bugzilla 3.2.2 to 3.4.1.
After running checksetup.pl, I get the following error:

Attempt to reload DateTime.pm aborted.
Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla/Util.pm line 53, <DATA> line 228.
(etc.)
As far as I can tell, I have the correct DateTime module installed. (v2.22)

Any idea how I can resolve this error?

Re: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

TrishB
Correction: module DateTime is v0.50

Re: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

Max Kanat-Alexander
TrishB wrote:
> Attempt to reload DateTime.pm aborted.

        I have never seen that error before. Try upgrading your DateTime module.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

Adding column "Assignee Realname" for bug search throws erorr - Software error: Please help

Ra Kay
I have Oracle database 11g for the bug database.

When I search bugs and add "Assignee Realname" to the search results by add columns, this craps out with the following error.

I am  version 3.1.3. Please let me know what do I need to do to fix this error.

Ravi

Software error:
DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00904: "ASSIGNED_TO_REALNAME": invalid identifier (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 1348 in 'SELECT bugs.bug_id, bugs.bug_severity, bugs.priority, bugs.bug_status, bugs.resolution, map_products.name, bugs.bug_severity, bugs.priority, map_assigned_to.login_name, CASE WHEN map_assigned_to.realname = '' THEN map_assigned_to.login_name ELSE map_assigned_to.realname END  assigned_to_realname, bugs.bug_status, bugs.resolution, bugs.op_sys, bugs.short_desc FROM bugs  INNER JOIN profiles  map_assigned_to ON (bugs.assigned_to = map_assigned_to.userid) INNER JOIN products  map_products ON (bugs.product_id = map_products.id) LEFT JOIN bug_status ON (bug_status.value = bugs.bug_status) LEFT JOIN priority ON (priority.value = bugs.priority) LEFT JOIN bug_group_map  ON bug_group_map.bug_id = bugs.bug_id  AND bug_group_map.group_id NOT IN
 (26,14,42,37,30,28,3,23,1,33,31,18,10,39,8,35,38,22,9,15,40,11,6,25,12,34,17,4,13,20,24,27,2,32,16,41,19,5,29,7,36)  LEFT JOIN cc ON cc.bug_id = bugs.bug_id AND cc.who = 1 WHERE (( bugs.bug_status IN ('UNCONFIRMED','NEW','ASSIGNED','REOPENED') )) AND bugs.creation_ts IS NOT NULL AND ((bug_group_map.group_id IS NULL)    OR (bugs.reporter_accessible = 1 AND bugs.reporter = 1)     OR (bugs.cclist_accessible = 1 AND cc.who IS NOT NULL)     OR (bugs.assigned_to = 1) ) GROUP BY bugs.bug_id, bugs.bug_severity, bugs.priority, bugs.bug_status, bugs.resolution, map_products.name, map_assigned_to.login_name, <*>assigned_to_realname, bugs.op_sys, bugs.short_desc, bug_status.sortkey, bug_status.value, priority.sortkey, priority.value ORDER BY bug_status.sortkey,bug_status.value,priority.sortkey,priority.value,map_assigned_to.login_name,bugs.bug_id') [for Statement "SELECT bugs.bug_id, bugs.bug_severity, bugs.priority, bugs.bug_status, bugs.resolution,
[...]
 NULL)    OR (bugs.reporter_accessible = 1 AND bugs.reporter = 1)     OR (bugs.cclist_accessible = 1 AND cc.who IS NOT NULL)     OR (bugs.assigned_to = 1) ) GROUP BY bugs.bug_id, bugs.bug_severity, bugs.priority, bugs.bug_status, bugs.resolution, map_products.name, map_assigned_to.login_name, assigned_to_realname, bugs.op_sys, bugs.short_desc, bug_status.sortkey, bug_status.value, priority.sortkey, priority.value ORDER BY bug_status.sortkey,bug_status.value,priority.sortkey,priority.value,map_assigned_to.login_name,bugs.bug_id"] at Bugzilla/DB/Oracle.pm line 415
        Bugzilla::DB::Oracle::prepare('undef', 'SELECT bugs.bug_id, bugs.bug_severity, bugs.priority, bugs.bu...') called at /opt/app/bugzilla/3.1.3/buglist.cgi line 1014

For help, please send mail to the webmaster giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

________________________________

Re: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

TrishB
Having problems figuring out how to upgrade DateTime module.

I'm at the point of running this command:
/usr/bin/perl5.10.0 -MCPAN -e 'install "DateTime"'

but it errors out, and it flies past on the screen too fast to read the first error. I am unable to find the syntax to capture the output from this command -- appending > debugfile doesn't work.

Help!

RE: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

Eric Black-3
> Having problems figuring out how to upgrade DateTime module.
>
> I'm at the point of running this command:
> /usr/bin/perl5.10.0 -MCPAN -e 'install "DateTime"'
>
> but it errors out, and it flies past on the screen too fast to read the
> first error. I am unable to find the syntax to capture the output from this
> command -- appending > debugfile doesn't work.

Well, you could try

/usr/bin/perl5.10.0 -MCPAN -e 'shell'

which will put you in an interactive shell, or

/usr/bin/perl5.10.0 -MCPAN -e 'install DateTime' > debugfile 2>&1

You don't need those quotes around the library name. Maybe that's the problem...

Re: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

TrishB
Thanks, that captured the build output.

I have a couple of questions about installing perl modules:

1) does it matter from which directory I run the install command? I am trying to install the modules required for bugzilla 3.4.1, using the CPAN command, while 3.2.2 is still active. I'm assuming this won't affect the perl module installation/builds

2) once the modules are installed, should I expect they are listed in perllocal.pod?

RE: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

Eric Black-3

> I have a couple of questions about installing perl modules:
>
> 1) does it matter from which directory I run the install command? I am
> trying to install the modules required for bugzilla 3.4.1, using the CPAN
> command, while 3.2.2 is still active. I'm assuming this won't affect the
> perl module installation/builds

No, it doesn't matter. The CPAN module takes the path from paths you explicitly set through command line or environment variables if you use them, or from the ~/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm if you have used cpan and saved the configuration, or from CPAN/Config.pm in one of the @INC paths (seen from running perl -V).

I suppose it should, but I wouldn't trust it as some module maintainers don't always use MakeMaker for their builds. If in doubt about the installation of a module and whether it's in the @INC path I am using, I run something like 'perl -e 'use <modulename>;'. That will return an error if the module isn't found.

If you are running as root and you expect to install the modules in the system @INC paths anyway, why not just run ./checksetup.pl in your bugzilla directory and run the 'perl install-module.pl --all' command that it suggests?

Re: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

TrishB
re: "If you are running as root and you expect to install the modules in the system @INC paths anyway, why not just run ./checksetup.pl in your bugzilla directory and run the 'perl install-module.pl --all' command that it suggests?"

What I'm trying to do is upgrade on our live server with minimal disruption. I upgraded on our test server fine, but when I tried the same thing on our live server I ran into perl problems. So I'm trying to install the perl stuff in advance of switching over to bugzilla 3.4.1.

I tried, from the new bugzilla dir (still named as bugzilla_3.4.1), running 'perl install-module.pl --all', but it complained about undefined POSTGRES enviroment variables, which I don't need anyway, since I'm using mySql as the database.

RE: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

Eric Black-3

> What I'm trying to do is upgrade on our live server with minimal disruption.

I hear that! :)

Maybe you're all set now, but if you are still have troubles, you may want to try what I usually do with any software that has a significant number of required perl mods. I run as a non-root user and install in a separate directory path than the default perl paths. That requires setting your PERL5LIB environment variable to point to the location of the library install path where you'll be installing the libraries. Then you need to wrap the perl exec, add 'use lib' pragmas, or wrap the software package with -I include switches to your library. the reason I do this is so I can easily move the software to another server, upgrade the libraries without screwing up other software that needs similar libraries, etc.

Luckily, Bugzilla makes this easier by including the Bugzilla's 'lib' directory in it's path, so you can replace the lib directory with a link to your non-standard lib directory or just use Bugzilla's lib directory as the install path.

Here's my example(using /usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib as my non-standard library):

export DBI_USER=tester
export DBI_PASS=testerpassswd
export PERL5LIB=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib:/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8

and replace your ~/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm variables of the same name:

  'makepl_arg' => q[PREFIX=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl \\
                    SITELIBEXP=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib \\
                    INSTALLPRIVLIB=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib \\
                    INSTALLSITELIB=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib \\
                    INSTALLVENDORLIB=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib \\
                    INSTALLARCHLIB=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib \\
                    INSTALLSITEARCH=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib \\
                    INSTALLVENDORARCH=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib \\
                    INSTALLMAN1DIR=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/man/man1 \\
                    INSTALLSITEMAN1DIR=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/man/man1 \\
                    INSTALLMAN3DIR=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/man/man3 \\
                    INSTALLSITEMAN3DIR=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl/man/man3],
  'mbuild_arg' => q[],
  'mbuild_install_arg' => q[],
  'mbuild_install_build_command' => q[./Build --install_base=/usr/local/bugzilla/perl],
  'mbuildpl_arg' => q[--install_base /usr/local/bugzilla/perl],

Then when you're done, run 'mv lib lib-orig; ln -s /usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib;' from the Bugzilla directory.

I have to warn you though, some of the modules do not use all these variables in their make process, some use MakeMaker and some use Module::Build, so they may get installed in paths that are not seen from 'lib', so you may need to manually copy them to the top level /usr/local/bugzilla/perl/lib directory.

RE: upgrading to 3.4.1: DateTime error

TrishB
Hmm

I'm not quite so fluent in linux, so what worked for me was
- using MCPAN, I 'cleaned' the particular module I was having problems with, remade it, tested it, and installed it

Success! Now we're active with Bugzilla 3.4.1.

Re: Adding column "Assignee Realname" for bug search throws erorr - Software error: Please help

Max Kanat-Alexander
Ra Kay wrote:
> When I search bugs and add "Assignee Realname" to the search results by add columns, this craps out with the following error.

        That's a known bug.

> I am  version 3.1.3. Please let me know what do I need to do to fix this error.

        You might want to upgrade to a non-development version, like 3.4.1. I
don't think this bug is fixed yet, though. But it might be.

        -Max

TrishB wrote:
> I tried, from the new bugzilla dir (still named as bugzilla_3.4.1), running
> 'perl install-module.pl --all', but it complained about undefined POSTGRES
> enviroment variables, which I don't need anyway, since I'm using mySql as
> the database.

        Those errors can be safely ignored. If you look, after running
install-module.pl --all, even after that error, you should see that most
or all of the modules are installed.

        -Max