upgrade from old version

Sebastian Fonss
i will start by outing myself as an it guy.

i have been tasked with finding out the best way to upgrade our bugzilla,
and also possibly moving it to a windows box.

we currently have bugzilla running on redhat, and when i asked the devs what
version they said 2.7

i assume that means we are about 11 versions back.

i would love some advice, or even someone to tell me that it can't be done
and we need to start a new bug database.

thanks in advance

Re: upgrade from old version

Marc Schumann
Sebastian,

2005/7/29, Sebastian Fonss <[hidden email]>:
> i have been tasked with finding out the best way to upgrade our bugzilla,
> and also possibly moving it to a windows box.

you upgrade Bugzilla by putting an upgraded Bugzilla install over a
not-yet-upgraded Bugzilla database (and localconfig, and data
directory). Then, you run checksetup.pl and follow the instructions it
gives you. This upgrades your database to the newer version. Try on a
backup of the database first, and keep a backup of the original
database.

You can transfer the Bugzilla database to Windows via mysqldump, which
comes with mysql. Have it create a database dump for you from the
original location, and let it populate a fresh database on the new
location.

   Regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support