unusual Minefield Accessibility Extents

sbq

unusual Minefield Accessibility Extents

sbq
Greetings,

I am working on an AT-SPI accessibility tool.  We have targetted a few
applications through the AT-SPI interface, including Firefox and
Minefield.  Minefield (v3.0.5) is the first app we've hit where the
extents returned by AccessibilityComponent_getExtents() are smaller than
the actual window on the screen.

Here's the data we're seeing from AT-SPI compared to the underlying X
Window system:

         AT-SPI   X    X-Extents
x           165  159    6 left
y            68   41   27 top
width      1017 1029    6 left
height      646  679    6 bottom

The X dimensions are obtained by calling XGetWindowAttributes().
Computing absolute x and y values for X require calling
XGetWindowAttributes on the target window's parent, grand-parent, etc.
The X-Extents are obtained with XGetWindowAttributes().

For all other application windows we've encountered so far, including
Firefox, the AT-SPI values match the X values as follows:

Ax = Xx - Xleft
Ay = Xy - Xtop
Awidth = Xwidth + (Xleft + Xright)
Aheight = Xheight + (Xtop + xbottom)

Is this intentional behaviour by Minefield?

-Sam
sbq

RE: unusual Minefield Accessibility Extents

sbq
=  The X-Extents are obtained with XGetWindowAttributes().

I meant to say:

The X-Extents are obtained by reading the _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS property
(XGetWindowProperty()) which has an array of 4 values: [0]=left,
[1]=right, [2]=top, [3]bottom

dev-accessibility-bounces+sam.quiring=[hidden email]