unknown entities in the locale dtd files

unknown entities in the locale dtd files

mohnader
Hi,
I am working on a UI testing application. I need to use the locale
translation files . I found out that some dtd locale files has
entities that is not in the "en-US" original files. I don't understand
why?

Here is an example:
Example file: l10n/en-GB/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd
lxr url: http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n/source/en-GB/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd

This file define translation for some entities which is not in the
original file:
347 <!ENTITY spellAddDictionaries.label "Add dictionaries...">
348 <!ENTITY spellAddDictionaries.accesskey "A">

Original File: mozilla/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/
browser.dtd
lxr url: http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/browser.dtd

Any Idea why?
I hope I am not looking in the wrong folders.

Re: unknown entities in the locale dtd files

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez
[hidden email] escribió:

> Hi,
> I am working on a UI testing application. I need to use the locale
> translation files . I found out that some dtd locale files has
> entities that is not in the "en-US" original files. I don't understand
> why?
>
> Here is an example:
> Example file: l10n/en-GB/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd
> lxr url: http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n/source/en-GB/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd
>
> This file define translation for some entities which is not in the
> original file:
> 347 <!ENTITY spellAddDictionaries.label "Add dictionaries...">
> 348 <!ENTITY spellAddDictionaries.accesskey "A">
>
> Original File: mozilla/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/
> browser.dtd
> lxr url: http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/browser.dtd

They are defined indeed, or at least that's what I can see:

http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/browser.dtd#347

Ricardo.

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Re: unknown entities in the locale dtd files

mohnader

Sorry, That was not the correct example. Look at the en-GB line 340
for example, you have
 pageStyleIcon.tooltip which is not in the original en-US file

340 <!ENTITY pageStyleIcon.tooltip             "Switch to an alternate
page style">

Actually when I run my program on all dtd files, I found on average
400 entities/language (repeated for all languages) that are not
defined in the en-US.

So are these entities deprecated ?

On Jun 13, 4:06 pm, Ricardo Palomares Martinez <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [hidden email] escribió:
>

> > Hi,
> > I am working on a UI testing application. I need to use thelocale
> > translationfiles. I found out that somedtdlocalefileshas
> >entitiesthat is not in the "en-US" originalfiles. I don't understand
> > why?
>
> > Here is an example:
> > Example file: l10n/en-GB/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd
> > lxr url:http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n/source/en-GB/browser/chrome/browser/brows...
>
> > This file define translation for someentitieswhich is not in the
> > original file:
> > 347 <!ENTITY spellAddDictionaries.label "Add dictionaries...">
> > 348 <!ENTITY spellAddDictionaries.accesskey "A">
>
> > Original File: mozilla/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/
> > browser.dtd
> > lxr url:http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/br...
>
> They are defined indeed, or at least that's what I can see:
>
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/br...
>
> Ricardo.
>
> --
> If it's true that we are here to help others,
> then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Re: unknown entities in the locale dtd files

Cédric Corazza
[hidden email] a écrit :

> Sorry, That was not the correct example. Look at the en-GB line 340
> for example, you have
>  pageStyleIcon.tooltip which is not in the original en-US file
>
> 340 <!ENTITY pageStyleIcon.tooltip             "Switch to an alternate
> page style">
>
> Actually when I run my program on all dtd files, I found on average
> 400 entities/language (repeated for all languages) that are not
> defined in the en-US.
>
> So are these entities deprecated ?

Can you provide a link to a file containing the file names of these
supposed deprecated files please?
I made a follow up to mozilla.dev.l10n which I think is more appropriate
for that kind of issues

[hidden email] escribió:
> Sorry, That was not the correct example. Look at the en-GB line 340
> for example, you have
>  pageStyleIcon.tooltip which is not in the original en-US file
>
> 340 <!ENTITY pageStyleIcon.tooltip             "Switch to an alternate
> page style">

Well, it seems that you are looking in trunk. Not all teams have their
localizations up to date in trunk, or update them in a loosely way, as
it is not so important as being current in branches. For example,
compare en-GB tinderboxes with es-ES (which, although not perfect, is
almost up to date):

http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla-l10n-en-GB
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla-l10n-es-ES

You really should work in most *stable* branch, which is currently
MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH.

HTH