undefined reference to `typeinfo for nsHashPropertyBag'

undefined reference to `typeinfo for nsHashPropertyBag'

jonsmirl@gmail.com
What do I need to link to to fix this? I've tried guessing 20
different libraries and I can't locate the right one.

Building target: jds
Invoking: GCC C++ Linker
g++ -L/home/b/browser/dist/lib -ojds ./main.o ./nsHttp.o
./nsHttpAuthCache.o ./nsHttpAuthManager.o ./nsHttpBasicAuth.o
./nsHttpChannel.o ./nsHttpChunkedDecoder.o ./nsHttpConnection.o
./nsHttpConnectionInfo.o ./nsHttpConnectionMgr.o ./nsHttpDigestAuth.o
./nsHttpHandler.o ./nsHttpHeaderArray.o ./nsHttpNTLMAuth.o
./nsHttpPipeline.o ./nsHttpRequestHead.o ./nsHttpResponseHead.o
./nsHttpTransaction.o ./server.o -lneckobase_s -lxpcom_core -lxpcom
-lnspr4 -lplc4
./nsHttpChannel.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTI13nsHttpChannel[typeinfo for
nsHttpChannel]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for
nsHashPropertyBag'
./nsHttpHandler.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTI13nsHttpHandler[typeinfo for
nsHttpHandler]+0x20): undefined reference to `typeinfo for
nsSupportsWeakReference'
./nsHttpHandler.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTI14nsHttpsHandler[typeinfo for
nsHttpsHandler]+0x18): undefined reference to `typeinfo for
nsSupportsWeakReference'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [jds] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Build complete for project jds

--
Jon Smirl

Re: undefined reference to `typeinfo for nsHashPropertyBag'

Christian Biesinger
Jon Smirl wrote:
> What do I need to link to to fix this? I've tried guessing 20
> different libraries and I can't locate the right one.

You need to compile with -fno-rtti, and should in general match the
build flags of everything that you want to link together (so probably
you also want -fno-exceptions)

On 3/1/06, Christian Biesinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jon Smirl wrote:
> > What do I need to link to to fix this? I've tried guessing 20
> > different libraries and I can't locate the right one.
>
> You need to compile with -fno-rtti, and should in general match the
> build flags of everything that you want to link together (so probably
> you also want -fno-exceptions)

Thanks for the tip. I can link now.

--
Jon Smirl

Re: undefined reference to `typeinfo for nsHashPropertyBag'

Darin Fisher-2
Load about:buildconfig in Firefox to see the configure options used to build it.

-Darin

On 3/2/06, Darin Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Load about:buildconfig in Firefox to see the configure options used to build it.
>
> -Darin

I've managed to extract netwerk/protocol/http into a small external
app. I also had to make all of the debug settings match my Mozilla
build too or I got weird errors inside of NSPR. Splitting the http
protocol code out makes it much easier to work on.

I made this post on devtech.network about what I'm attempting to build.
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.network/browse_frm/thread/4c4276397709d420/1b8d3d9f485cc59b#1b8d3d9f485cc59b

I'd like to encourage any help and hints on how to build an off-line
server app. Right now I am trying to grok the http protocol code and
adjust it to do server transactions instead of only client ones.

BTW - the README in network/protocol/http does not reflect the current
state of the code.

On 3/2/06, Jon Smirl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> BTW - the README in network/protocol/http does not reflect the current
> state of the code.

Very true.  That corresponds to the code circa 2001 :-/

-Darin