undef error - Cannot determine local time zone

undef error - Cannot determine local time zone

Alan-167
I searched internet for this error before posting. Looks like an issue
without a solution.

I had a fresh installation on a Windows 2003 server. The machine is a
virtual machine, or VPS if you want to call it. Bugzilla was installed under
XAMPP 1.7.7, a packaged Apache, php, perl, mysql etc. checksetup.pl reported
some modules were not installed. But some were indeed installed,which I have
checked with PPM(version 2.1.9) or perl (version 5.10.1, I believe it is not
Active Perl), but checksetup.pl just did not recognize. Say YAML was
installed, but checksetup.pl refused to recongnize.

Anyway, I finally installed all required modules, though three optional
modules were not able to be installed no matter how hard I have tried. The
bugzilla runs now.

I set timezone to be Asia/Shanghai in the Preference under Administration
section. However, whenever I browse the test component, I got this "undef
error - Cannot determine local time zone" error. The URL is
http://localhost/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=TestProduct&component=TestComponent&resolution=---&list_id=13

Please help. What was wrong?

Alan

Re: undef error - Cannot determine local time zone

Alan-167
Is this problem so difficult that the development team are not able to fix?
Several people have reported this exact problem, but no one can solve it.

Alan

"TrishB" <[hidden email]>
:[hidden email]...