trouble building libwidget_mac.dylib on trunk

trouble building libwidget_mac.dylib on trunk

Darin Fisher-2
I started getting this error while linking widget/mac on OSX.  I'm
running Darwin 7.9.0.  This just started happening after I accepted
the latest round of updates from Apple.  I don't recall the details of
those updates, and I'm not sure if this is really related.  At any
rate, I'm hoping that someone else out there has encountered a similar
problem and solved it!  Here's the error:

ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(functexcept.o) illegal
reference to symbol:
std::logic_error::logic_error(std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) defined in
indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

There were a ton of linker warnings about multiple definitions of
symbols, but those should all be benign.  This seems to be the only
real error.  Thoughts?

gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)

Thanks in advance!
-Darin

Re: trouble building libwidget_mac.dylib on trunk

Darin Fisher-2
Problem solved:  I had to revert the auto-update of QuickTime to
version 7.0.4 back to version 7.0.3.

-Darin

On 3/13/06, Darin Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I started getting this error while linking widget/mac on OSX.  I'm
> running Darwin 7.9.0.  This just started happening after I accepted
> the latest round of updates from Apple.  I don't recall the details of
> those updates, and I'm not sure if this is really related.  At any
> rate, I'm hoping that someone else out there has encountered a similar
> problem and solved it!  Here's the error:
>
> ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(functexcept.o) illegal
> reference to symbol:
> std::logic_error::logic_error(std::basic_string<char,
> std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) defined in
> indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
>
> There were a ton of linker warnings about multiple definitions of
> symbols, but those should all be benign.  This seems to be the only
> real error.  Thoughts?
>
> gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -Darin

Re: trouble building libwidget_mac.dylib on trunk

Benjamin Smedberg
Darin Fisher wrote:
> Problem solved:  I had to revert the auto-update of QuickTime to
> version 7.0.4 back to version 7.0.3.
>
> -Darin

IIRC you can/should use --with-macos-sdk to workaround this problem (and
that option is recommended in general).

--BDS