trigger/toggle outside of a switch; is that in line with specs?

trigger/toggle outside of a switch; is that in line with specs?

dr.cw.ray
I have some triggers with toggles that are outside Switch but
reference the cases within. That works great for my app, I just want
to know if that is the expected behaviour (is that in line with the
specs) or do I need to change it.

pseudo code:

   some markup here...

   trigger
        toggle  case="case2"

   Switch
        case id="case1"

        case id="case2"

... more markup

Re: trigger/toggle outside of a switch; is that in line with specs?

Dion Sole
On Aug 11, 7:59 am, "dr.cw.ray" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have some triggers with toggles that are outside Switch but
> reference the cases within. That works great for my app, I just want
> to know if that is the expected behaviour (is that in line with the
> specs) or do I need to change it.
>
> pseudo code:
>
>    some markup here...
>
>    trigger
>         toggle  case="case2"
>
>    Switch
>         case id="case1"
>
>         case id="case2"
>
> ... more markup

Toggle can appear anywhere an action can appear, so it's perfectly
fine to have one within a trigger outside of a switch.

Re: trigger/toggle outside of a switch; is that in line with specs?

Alessandro Vernet
dr.cw.ray wrote
I have some triggers with toggles that are outside Switch but
reference the cases within. That works great for my app, I just want
to know if that is the expected behaviour (is that in line with the
specs) or do I need to change it.
Like Dion said, this is supported by XForms. When your <xforms:toggle> action runs, it will target the case "instance" which is in the current repeat iteration.

Alex