translating .dtd files with OmegaT + alignment tool

translating .dtd files with OmegaT + alignment tool

Sabine Cretella
Hi, yesterday by chance a person working on localizations of software of
mozilla.org asked on the OmegaT chat ( irc://irc.freenode.net/omegat)
how to work on .dtd files.

This morning I found the workaround and posted it on my blog in order to
have it always somewhere for future reference.

So who of you is interested in using a CAT-Tool for the translation and
be able to share tmx files with oters should have a look at OmegaT
(http://omegat.org/omegat/omegat.html) - 1.6 RC6 or RC7 is needed - and
how to set up the segmentation rules in order to be able to easily work
on the.dtd files (for the description plase see:
http://sabinecretella.blogspot.com/)

Furtermore, for alignment of former translations to create tmx files you
can have a look at http://www.marcprior.de/linux/align.html
The first software is on release 0.9 now and to my opinion a good
solution - the sourceforge project page is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitext2tmx

Well I thought I should post this information here.

Best,

Sabine

*****
Sabine Cretella