transformiix seems to be ignoring output method.

transformiix seems to be ignoring output method.

caseyjor
I am doing an xslt transformation with xsl:output method="xml" and
using transformToDocument. The returned document however has the
transformiix:result as its root node, which by specification should
only happen with text output. This in short is causing a huge amount
of problems.

Could this be a result of my character encoding?

If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Thanks,

Casey

Re: transformiix seems to be ignoring output method.

Peter Van der Beken
[hidden email] wrote:
> I am doing an xslt transformation with xsl:output method="xml" and
> using transformToDocument. The returned document however has the
> transformiix:result as its root node, which by specification should
> only happen with text output. This in short is causing a huge amount
> of problems.

Actually, this can also happen with xml output: XSLT allows multiple
root elements in the output, but an XML document can have only one
document element. Instead of bailing out we try to deal by making those
elements be a child of a transformiix:result document element. If that's
not what you want, make sure you're only generating one root element in
the output.

Peter

Re: transformiix seems to be ignoring output method.

Martin Honnen-3
[hidden email] wrote:
> I am doing an xslt transformation with xsl:output method="xml" and
> using transformToDocument. The returned document however has the
> transformiix:result as its root node, which by specification should
> only happen with text output. This in short is causing a huge amount
> of problems.
>
> Could this be a result of my character encoding?
>
> If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Can you post the URL to a minimal but complete test case demonstrating
the problem? Does that happen with a particular Mozilla version only
(e.g. a nightly)?

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/