tooling induced bugs? _: entityName junk in a bunch of localizations

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

tooling induced bugs? _: entityName junk in a bunch of localizations

Axel Hecht
Hi,

I think I ran across another tool-induced set of bugs.

et/toolkit/chrome/global/intl.properties:intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys=_:
intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys\n

is one of the artifacts.

mxr search is
http://mxr.mozilla.org/l10n/search?string=[%22%3D]_%3A&regexp=on&find=&findi=&filter=&hitlimit=&tree=l10n

 From the list of affected locales, translate toolkit looks like a good
candidate.

Julen, as eu is affected and you're into the code, can you take a closer
look?

Affected locales are et
eu
fa
gu-IN
ku
lv
mr
ne-NP
sl
th


Axel
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tooling induced bugs? _: entityName junk in a bunch of localizations

Ankit Patel-2
Axel Hecht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I ran across another tool-induced set of bugs.
>
> et/toolkit/chrome/global/intl.properties:intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys=_:
> intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys\n
>
> is one of the artifacts.
>
> mxr search is
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/l10n/search?string=[%22%3D]_%3A&regexp=on&find=&findi=&filter=&hitlimit=&tree=l10n
>
>  From the list of affected locales, translate toolkit looks like a good
> candidate.
>
> Julen, as eu is affected and you're into the code, can you take a closer
> look?
>
> Affected locales are et
> eu
> fa
>  
Hi Axel,

Thanks for letting us know about the errors!
> gu-IN
>  
Gujarati (gu-IN) is corrected now!

> ku
> lv
> mr
> ne-NP
> sl
> th
>
>
> Axel
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>  


--
Regards,
Ankit Patel
http://www.indianoss.org/

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tooling induced bugs? _: entityName junk in a bunch of localizations

Axel Hecht
In reply to this post by Axel Hecht
Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:

> Axel Hecht wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I ran across another tool-induced set of bugs.
>>
>> et/toolkit/chrome/global/intl.properties:intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys=_:
>> intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys\n
>>
>> is one of the artifacts.
>>
>> mxr search is
>> http://mxr.mozilla.org/l10n/search?string=[%22%3D]_%3A&regexp=on&find=&findi=&filter=&hitlimit=&tree=l10n
>>
>>
>>  From the list of affected locales, translate toolkit looks like a
>> good candidate.
>>
>> Julen, as eu is affected and you're into the code, can you take a
>> closer look?
>>
>> Affected locales are et
>> eu
>> fa
>>  
> Hi Axel,
>
> Thanks for letting us know about the errors!
>> gu-IN
>>  
> Gujarati (gu-IN) is corrected now!
>

Ankit, cvs trunk is frozen, please add patches to bugs and request
approval1.9.0.3 to get them landed. I don't see a landing of that fix on
hg yet, too.

Axel
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tooling induced bugs? _: entityName junk in a bunch of localizations

Ankit Patel-2
Axel Hecht wrote:

> Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
>  
>> Axel Hecht wrote:
>>    
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think I ran across another tool-induced set of bugs.
>>>
>>> et/toolkit/chrome/global/intl.properties:intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys=_:
>>> intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys\n
>>>
>>> is one of the artifacts.
>>>
>>> mxr search is
>>> http://mxr.mozilla.org/l10n/search?string=[%22%3D]_%3A&regexp=on&find=&findi=&filter=&hitlimit=&tree=l10n
>>>
>>>
>>>  From the list of affected locales, translate toolkit looks like a
>>> good candidate.
>>>
>>> Julen, as eu is affected and you're into the code, can you take a
>>> closer look?
>>>
>>> Affected locales are et
>>> eu
>>> fa
>>>  
>>>      
>> Hi Axel,
>>
>> Thanks for letting us know about the errors!
>>    
>>> gu-IN
>>>  
>>>      
>> Gujarati (gu-IN) is corrected now!
>>
>>    
>
> Ankit, cvs trunk is frozen, please add patches to bugs and request
> approval1.9.0.3 to get them landed. I don't see a landing of that fix on
> hg yet, too.
>
> Axel
>  
Thanks Pike...

Bug filed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=454379

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel
http://www.indianoss.org/

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tooling induced bugs? _: entityName junk in a bunch of localizations

F Wolff-2
In reply to this post by Axel Hecht
On Di, 2008-09-09 at 11:58 +0200, Axel Hecht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I ran across another tool-induced set of bugs.
>
> et/toolkit/chrome/global/intl.properties:intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys=_:
> intl.menuitems.alwaysappendaccesskeys\n
>
> is one of the artifacts.
>
> mxr search is
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/l10n/search?string=[%22%3D]_%3A&regexp=on&find=&findi=&filter=&hitlimit=&tree=l10n
>
>  From the list of affected locales, translate toolkit looks like a good
> candidate.
>
> Julen, as eu is affected and you're into the code, can you take a closer
> look?

It definitely looks like a bug for Translate Toolkit. I'm just surprised
that I haven't hit them personally for Afrikaans. My guess would be
something in an older version (I'm usually running bleeding edge). For
these affected locales using the Translate Toolkit - which duplicate
style are you using in your PO files? My guess would be msgidcomments,
whereas we switched to msgctxt some time ago.

Keep well
Friedel

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tooling induced bugs? _: entityName junk in a bunch of localizations

Filip Miletic-4
In reply to this post by Axel Hecht
F Wolff schreef:
> It definitely looks like a bug for Translate Toolkit.

It can also happen if a translator inadvertently keeps the old-style
context prefix in their translation.

This can happen, for instance, with inexperienced translators who do not
know that they should not translate the context.

f
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n