thunderbird usenet help

NiGHTS [mWo]
I'm trying to make the switch from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird at
the moment, having a problem with usenet though. For some reason, every
message in every newsgroup has been set to *watched*, even new ones that are
getting downloaded. I don't have any filters set up that should
do this. Any way I can deselect all these messages at once, and stop it
happening to the others?

Re: thunderbird usenet help

Leonidas Jones
NiGHTS [mWo] wrote:
> I'm trying to make the switch from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird at
> the moment, having a problem with usenet though. For some reason, every
> message in every newsgroup has been set to *watched*, even new ones that are
> getting downloaded. I don't have any filters set up that should
> do this. Any way I can deselect all these messages at once, and stop it
> happening to the others?

I'm more then a little curious as to how this is happening, since this
is strange behavior indeed.

Could you create a test profile, set up a news account, and see if it
happens there?

Lee

Re: thunderbird usenet help

NiGHTS [mWo]
> I'm more then a little curious as to how this is happening, since this is
> strange behavior indeed.
>
> Could you create a test profile, set up a news account, and see if it
> happens there?

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Re: thunderbird usenet help

NiGHTS [mWo]
NiGHTS [mWo] wrote:

>>I'm more then a little curious as to how this is happening, since this is
>>strange behavior indeed.
>>
>>Could you create a test profile, set up a news account, and see if it
>>happens there?
>>

> Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

And it's worked. Thanks, probably should have thought of that.

Re: thunderbird usenet help

Leonidas Jones
NiGHTS [mWo redshirt] wrote:

> NiGHTS [mWo] wrote:
>>> I'm more then a little curious as to how this is happening, since
>>> this is strange behavior indeed.
>>>
>>> Could you create a test profile, set up a news account, and see if it
>>> happens there?
>>>

>> Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
>>

> And it's worked. Thanks, probably should have thought of that.

Well, at least we now know its something amiss with your original profile.

Just for the heck of it, try starting TB in the original profile, in
Safe Mode:

Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox (or Thunderbird)>>Mozilla
Firefox/Thunderbird (Safe Mode)

That would tell us if there is problem extension in TB, in the old profile.

Lee

Re: thunderbird usenet help

NiGHTS [mWo]
> That would tell us if there is problem extension in TB, in the old profile.
>
> Lee

Too late, deleted it last night. I doubt it though... I was only using
an extension that highlights watched threads, and I'm using that with
the new profile too. I'll chalk it down to "freak occurence" and have
done with it.

Re: thunderbird usenet help

Leonidas Jones
NiGHTS [mWo redshirt] wrote:
>> That would tell us if there is problem extension in TB, in the old
>> profile.
>>
>> Lee
>
> Too late, deleted it last night. I doubt it though... I was only using
> an extension that highlights watched threads, and I'm using that with
> the new profile too. I'll chalk it down to "freak occurence" and have
> done with it.

As long as you've got it working to your satisfaction, that's great.

Lee

Re: thunderbird usenet help

NiGHTS [mWo]
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> NiGHTS [mWo redshirt] wrote:
>
>>> That would tell us if there is problem extension in TB, in the old
>>> profile.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>

>> Too late, deleted it last night. I doubt it though... I was only using
>> an extension that highlights watched threads, and I'm using that with
>> the new profile too. I'll chalk it down to "freak occurence" and have
>> done with it.
>

> As long as you've got it working to your satisfaction, that's great.
>
> Lee

Sure is ;)