thunderbird

George-16
Hi All,

Installed FF 1.5 and after editting the config.sys (IBM Browser),
Firefox was up and running.
Then I installed Thunderbird 1.0.7 and it worked at once.
But the next day TB didn't start up.
Any idea's?

George

Re: thunderbird

George-16
George wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Installed FF 1.5 and after editting the config.sys (IBM Browser),
> Firefox was up and running.
> Then I installed Thunderbird 1.0.7 and it worked at once.
> But the next day TB didn't start up.
> Any idea's?
>
> George

Found out that it's FF or TB; don't work together......

George

Re: thunderbird

Steve Wendt
George wrote:

> Found out that it's FF or TB; don't work together......

http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

Re: thunderbird

Lon Hooker
George wrote:

> George wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Installed FF 1.5 and after editting the config.sys (IBM Browser),
>> Firefox was up and running.
>> Then I installed Thunderbird 1.0.7 and it worked at once.
>> But the next day TB didn't start up.
>> Any idea's?
>>
>> George
>>

> Found out that it's FF or TB; don't work together......
>
> George
  Known problem.  DLL conflict.  Get the Run! package from Hobbes:
<http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/wps/run_060.zip>

Start T'Bird with "thunderbird!l.exe" and FF with "firefox!.exe".

The reason for not using "l" with FF is that it blocks sound reception
when accessing "flash" sites.

HTH

Lon

Re: thunderbird

Luc Van Bogaert
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:09:33 UTC, Lon Hooker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The reason for not using "l" with FF is that it blocks sound reception
> when accessing "flash" sites.

Fantastic Tip! Thanks.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs

Re: thunderbird

Knud
George wrote:

> George wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Installed FF 1.5 and after editting the config.sys (IBM Browser),
>> Firefox was up and running.
>> Then I installed Thunderbird 1.0.7 and it worked at once.
>> But the next day TB didn't start up.
>> Any idea's?
>>
>> George
>>

> Found out that it's FF or TB; don't work together......
>
> George

I found that
set libpathstrict="thunderbird dll path"
and
set beginpath="thunderbird dll path"

in the thunderbird session

solved the conflict on a mozilla(1.7) / thunderbird   setup
maybee also for firefox / thunderbird

Knud

Re: thunderbird

Knud
Knud wrote:

> George wrote:
>
>> George wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Installed FF 1.5 and after editting the config.sys (IBM Browser),
>>> Firefox was up and running.
>>> Then I installed Thunderbird 1.0.7 and it worked at once.
>>> But the next day TB didn't start up.
>>> Any idea's?
>>>
>>> George
>>>

>> Found out that it's FF or TB; don't work together......
>>
>> George
>

> I found that
> set libpathstrict="thunderbird dll path"
> and
> set beginpath="thunderbird dll path"
>
> in the thunderbird session
>
> solved the conflict on a mozilla(1.7) / thunderbird   setup
> maybee also for firefox / thunderbird
>
> Knud
correction
set libpathstrict=T

Knud

Re: thunderbird

George-16
Lon Hooker wrote:

> George wrote:
>
>> George wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Installed FF 1.5 and after editting the config.sys (IBM Browser),
>>> Firefox was up and running.
>>> Then I installed Thunderbird 1.0.7 and it worked at once.
>>> But the next day TB didn't start up.
>>> Any idea's?
>>>
>>> George
>>>

>> Found out that it's FF or TB; don't work together......
>>
>> George
>
>  Known problem.  DLL conflict.  Get the Run! package from Hobbes:
> <http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/wps/run_060.zip>
>
> Start T'Bird with "thunderbird!l.exe" and FF with "firefox!.exe".
>
> The reason for not using "l" with FF is that it blocks sound reception
> when accessing "flash" sites.
>
> HTH
>
> Lon

Hi Lon (and others),

I don't understand what to do with the run!.exe file.
The txt. file was not clear to me.
Must I run it in the directories of TD and/or FF and what extension to
add? Please some directions.

George

Re: thunderbird

Rich Walsh
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:54:27 UTC, George <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lon Hooker wrote:

> >  Known problem.  DLL conflict.  Get the Run! package from Hobbes:
> > <http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/wps/run_060.zip>
> >
> > Start T'Bird with "thunderbird!l.exe" and FF with "firefox!.exe".
> >
> > The reason for not using "l" with FF is that it blocks sound reception
> > when accessing "flash" sites.
>
> I don't understand what to do with the run!.exe file.
> The txt. file was not clear to me.
> Must I run it in the directories of TD and/or FF and what extension to
> add? Please some directions.

* Copy run!.exe to your T'Bird directory.
* Rename it "thunderbird!L.exe"
* Start it using it's fully-qualified name,
  e.g. "C:\net\mozilla\thunderbird\thunderbird!L.exe"

Notes:
- you don't have to explicitly change the current directory to T'Bird,
  nor add anything to BEGINLIBPATH.  Run! will do it for you
- with a v4.5 kernel, you can run Firefox as-is - Run! isn't needed
  (unless you want it to change the directory for you)

--
== == almost usable email address:  rich AT e-vertise.com == ==