testing a dummy greek bonecho nsis installer?

testing a dummy greek bonecho nsis installer?

Axel Hecht
Hi,

I could use someone testing a dummy version of a greek nsis installer.
It'd be useful to have that so that we can see if we have charset problems.

Hey to brave Kostas for having that file localized, that helps a quite a
bit. Esp since greek seems to be one of the real trick questions [1].

The installer is at

http://people.mozilla.com/~axel/firefox-2.0a3.el.win32.installer-nsis.exe

Note, this is a personal build, it contains traces of nuts, please don't
use this build for anything but testing the installer.

I'm esp curious to see reports on this on a greek version of windows,
and to see comparisons in terms of charset issues to the 1.5 installer
on as many versions of windows as possible.

I have tested both the 1.5.0.4 and my test, the 1.5.0.4 displays
garbage, the nsis one has empty screens.

I'll look at testing the polish version tomorrow, as that has its
charset specified in the nsis source, in contrary to the greek one.
Sadly our polish localization is a tad on crack, I need to fix that,
which I don't do tonight.

Thanks

Axel

[1] NSIS 2.17 Greek.nlf doesn't specify a charset, which I think means
CP1252, but uses CP1253, just as our locale needs. I'll try a patched
version of NSIS tomorrow, too.

Re: testing a dummy greek bonecho nsis installer?

Axel Hecht
Axel Hecht wrote:
<..>

> I'll look at testing the polish version tomorrow, as that has its
> charset specified in the nsis source, in contrary to the greek one.
> Sadly our polish localization is a tad on crack, I need to fix that,
> which I don't do tonight.

I got laughed at on IRC, so to clarify, I'm only talking about one file
here,
http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla1.8/source/pl/toolkit/installer/windows/commonLocale.nsh

Axel

Re: testing a dummy greek bonecho nsis installer?

Marek Stępień-3
Axel Hecht napisał(a):
>> Sadly our polish localization is a tad on crack, I need to fix that,
>> which I don't do tonight.
>
> I got laughed at on IRC, so to clarify, I'm only talking about one file
> here,
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla1.8/source/pl/toolkit/installer/windows/commonLocale.nsh

Ooops! How did that happen?! ;-)

I've just cleaned this up, it should be OK now.

--
Marek Stepien <marcoos at aviary dot pl>
AviaryPL, Polish Mozilla Localization Team

Re: testing a dummy greek bonecho nsis installer?

Axel Hecht
Drop this request, I just checked my build log and no UI strings made it
into the installer. That's why they're empty :-/

Filed bug 340953.

Axel