test

Dave Yeo-3
initial test of TB 31.6.
Fast but weirdly reports itself as 24.8.1
Dave

Re: test

Dave Yeo-3
On 06/20/15 10:08 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:
> initial test of TB 31.6.
> Fast but weirdly reports itself as 24.8.1
> Dave

And today the same binary reports itself as 31.6 :) and now stderr is
outputting the same errors as SeaMonkey 2.28. At least lightning should
install now
Dave

Re: test

Gabriele Gamba
On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 16:01:10 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 06/20/15 10:08 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:
> > initial test of TB 31.6.
> > Fast but weirdly reports itself as 24.8.1
> > Dave
>
> And today the same binary reports itself as 31.6 :) and now stderr is
> outputting the same errors as SeaMonkey 2.28. At least lightning should
> install now

Great news :-)

--
Ciao
Gabriele

Re: test

Dave Yeo-3
On 06/26/15 12:48 AM, Gabriele Gamba wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 16:01:10 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/20/15 10:08 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:
>>> initial test of TB 31.6.
>>> Fast but weirdly reports itself as 24.8.1
>>> Dave
>>
>> And today the same binary reports itself as 31.6 :) and now stderr is
>> outputting the same errors as SeaMonkey 2.28. At least lightning should
>> install now
>

> Great news :-)

Both FF31.6, TB 31.6 and SM 2.28 seem to be stable and working fine now.
KOMH has ported libcubeb so sound has been restored and once dmik merges
his patches we'll hopefully have a release.
Thanks to Bitwise who have done all the hard work
Dave

Re: test

Silvan Scherrer-2
On 26.06.15 17:10, Dave Yeo wrote:

> On 06/26/15 12:48 AM, Gabriele Gamba wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 16:01:10 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> And today the same binary reports itself as 31.6 :) and now stderr is
>>> outputting the same errors as SeaMonkey 2.28. At least lightning should
>>> install now
>>

>> Great news :-)
>>

> Both FF31.6, TB 31.6 and SM 2.28 seem to be stable and working fine now.
> KOMH has ported libcubeb so sound has been restored and once dmik merges
> his patches we'll hopefully have a release.

This is locally merged already, and we did a test release. The release
looks promising, but still has some issues.
We need to figure out the IPC problems and then we will release the next
beta5.
And of course merge 31.8 in bevore that.

regards
Silvan

> Thanks to Bitwise who have done all the hard work
> Dave

Re: test

Andreas Buchinger
Silvan Scherrer schrieb:

> On 26.06.15 17:10, Dave Yeo wrote:
>> On 06/26/15 12:48 AM, Gabriele Gamba wrote:

>>> Great news :-)
>>>

>> Both FF31.6, TB 31.6 and SM 2.28 seem to be stable and working fine now.
>> KOMH has ported libcubeb so sound has been restored and once dmik merges
>> his patches we'll hopefully have a release.
>
> This is locally merged already, and we did a test release. The release
> looks promising, but still has some issues.

I've no sound in 31.6.0 (testbuild from rpm....). Should it work or is
it disabled?

Another problem is 2 times 99.9% for a long time, maybe minutes f.i.
with www.katzenbeisser.at. I know this is a badly designed page. At
least with my 1MBit connection it is not usable. But don't get these
full cpu load with latest SM from Dave.

Another page which drives my cores to 99.9% is www.highresaudio.com.

But the good news are no crash until now :-)

Andi

> We need to figure out the IPC problems and then we will release the next
> beta5.
> And of course merge 31.8 in bevore that.
>
> regards
> Silvan
>
>> Thanks to Bitwise who have done all the hard work
>> Dave

Re: test

Dave Yeo-3
Andreas Buchinger wrote:

>>> Both FF31.6, TB 31.6 and SM 2.28 seem to be stable and working fine now.
>>> KOMH has ported libcubeb so sound has been restored and once dmik merges
>>> his patches we'll hopefully have a release.
>>
>> This is locally merged already, and we did a test release. The release
>> looks promising, but still has some issues.
>
> I've no sound in 31.6.0 (testbuild from rpm....). Should it work or is
> it disabled?

Try cranking your speakers volume up as far as it will go and listen
close. Also try moving x:\MMOS2\DLL\uniaud.dll out of the way and retest.
My system has really quiet sound when using uniaud.
Dave

Re: test

Dave Yeo-3
On 06/26/15 12:00 PM, Andreas Buchinger wrote:
> I've no sound in 31.6.0 (testbuild from rpm....). Should it work or is
> it disabled?

Another consideration is that we don't support MP3 or flac currently. I
believe (haven't looked) that it uses the system codecs so support
should be possible
Dave

Re: test

Andreas Buchinger
Dave Yeo schrieb:

>>> This is locally merged already, and we did a test release. The release
>>> looks promising, but still has some issues.
>>
>> I've no sound in 31.6.0 (testbuild from rpm....). Should it work or is
>> it disabled?
>
> Try cranking your speakers volume up as far as it will go and listen

No sound. Only noise with very high volume.

> close. Also try moving x:\MMOS2\DLL\uniaud.dll out of the way and retest.
> My system has really quiet sound when using uniaud.
> Dave

Without uniaud.dll? Your SM produces sound as PM123 and the WPS does.
Stop and restart or moving to video start with youtube which is
sometimes necessary with SM does not help with this FF.

Re: test

Dave Yeo-3
Andreas Buchinger wrote:

> Dave Yeo schrieb:

>>> I've no sound in 31.6.0 (testbuild from rpm....). Should it work or is
>>> it disabled?
>>
>> Try cranking your speakers volume up as far as it will go and listen
>
> No sound. Only noise with very high volume.
>
>> close. Also try moving x:\MMOS2\DLL\uniaud.dll out of the way and retest.
>> My system has really quiet sound when using uniaud.
>> Dave
>
> Without uniaud.dll? Your SM produces sound as PM123 and the WPS does.
> Stop and restart or moving to video start with youtube which is
> sometimes necessary with SM does not help with this FF.

My SM had the old sydneyaudio which used the standard MMOS2 (DART)
interface to generate sound while now FF (and the SM I'm using) uses
libcubeb which uses libkai for sound. Libkai will default to using
uniaud directly for sound and fallback to DART. Moving uniaud.dll forces
the DART fallback and the next release of libkai will have an
environment variable to do the same.
Does VLC work for you with uniaud as output? A good testcase is Big Buck
Bunny (bigbuckbunny.org), choose the OGG Theora stream.
Dave

Re: test

Dave Yeo-3
Andreas Buchinger wrote:

>>> I've no sound in 31.6.0 (testbuild from rpm....). Should it work or is
>>> it disabled?
>>
>> Try cranking your speakers volume up as far as it will go and listen
>
> No sound. Only noise with very high volume.
>
>> close. Also try moving x:\MMOS2\DLL\uniaud.dll out of the way and retest.
>> My system has really quiet sound when using uniaud.
>> Dave
>
> Without uniaud.dll? Your SM produces sound as PM123 and the WPS does.
> Stop and restart or moving to video start with youtube which is
> sometimes necessary with SM does not help with this FF.

I fixed my low volume issue by turning the "Front Playback Volume" up to
full. Note that the system volume control does not work here, there's
currently a new PMUnixMix in Hobbes incoming that does work well and
makes it simpler to test various volume settings. Seems there is quite a
variety in how various motherboards wire things up.
Dave

Re: test

Steven Levine-3
On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 23:00:20 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

Hi Dave,

> I fixed my low volume issue by turning the "Front Playback Volume" up to
> full. Note that the system volume control does not work here,

This is going to require a uniaud fix.  A fair number of newer audio
chipsets move the master volume control from the somewhat hardcoded
location where uniaud expects to find it.  I have one of these
chipsets.  In my case, the system volume control works, but unimix is
really confused.  I need to give pmunimix a try.

Steven

Re: test

Andreas Buchinger
Dave Yeo schrieb:

> Andreas Buchinger wrote:
>> Dave Yeo schrieb:

>>> Try cranking your speakers volume up as far as it will go and listen
>>
>> No sound. Only noise with very high volume.
>>
>>> close. Also try moving x:\MMOS2\DLL\uniaud.dll out of the way and
>>> retest.
>>> My system has really quiet sound when using uniaud.
>>> Dave
>>
>> Without uniaud.dll? Your SM produces sound as PM123 and the WPS does.
>> Stop and restart or moving to video start with youtube which is
>> sometimes necessary with SM does not help with this FF.
>>

> My SM had the old sydneyaudio which used the standard MMOS2 (DART)
> interface to generate sound while now FF (and the SM I'm using) uses
> libcubeb which uses libkai for sound. Libkai will default to using
> uniaud directly for sound and fallback to DART. Moving uniaud.dll forces
> the DART fallback and the next release of libkai will have an
> environment variable to do the same.
> Does VLC work for you with uniaud as output? A good testcase is Big Buck
> Bunny (bigbuckbunny.org), choose the OGG Theora stream.
> Dave
Sorry for late reply. Many thanks for clarification. Without uniaud.dll
FF sound works now. The unimixers do not work anymore but LBMix does.

Andi