template IDs and URIs and CSS selectors

rvj

template IDs and URIs and CSS selectors

rvj

My question is wether its possible to define a URI which is definable in a
CSS stylesheet??

*

It seems that when using the template builder it seems difficult to set the
ID to a CSS compatible string

Ive tried two templates

a) source file about value

        <template>
                   <image    uri="..."  />
          </template>

b) source file field value

        <template>
                   <image    uri="rdf:http://x.y.z/rdf#id"  />
          </template>

and a source file

 <RDF:Description about="a" rdf:http://x.y.z/rdf#id="a"    />
 <RDF:Description about="b" rdf:http://x.y.z/rdf#id="b"    />

In the first case the "generated" uri is prefixed by the the URL of the
source file
generating "ids" like  URL/a,       URL/b, etc

such ids contain characters such as / which are incompatible with CSS IDs

Is there any way to stop the prevent the automatic source file prefix ?

The second approach which I thought should provide a workaround
fails to generate any content at all!!

So it appears that  URI must contain a colon  (or some other URI character)

    <RDF:Description about="css:a"    />

but the colon seems to be an invalid CSS ID selector charcater  (because its
used as a pseudo selector)

Is there a worksaround?

Re: template IDs and URIs and CSS selectors

Neil-4
rvj wrote:

>It seems that when using the template builder it seems difficult to set the ID to a CSS compatible string

You shouldn't be trying to set ids in templates. Have you considered
using classes instead?

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.