tab index and tab count in caption

harry-6
My idea is to display  the current tab index and tab count in the window
caption like:

<<page-title>> - Mozilla Firefox - 3 of 17

Especially this would be useful for a large tab count.

But I don't have an idea where to start looking for the current place to
  "extend".

An interface name or updating function name or whatever would be useful.
Or maybe one knows an extension with this function I can analyse.

Harry

Re: tab index and tab count in caption

Moritz 'Morty' Strübe
harry schrieb:

> My idea is to display  the current tab index and tab count in the window
> caption like:
>
> <<page-title>> - Mozilla Firefox - 3 of 17
>
> Especially this would be useful for a large tab count.
>
> But I don't have an idea where to start looking for the current place to
>  "extend".
>
> An interface name or updating function name or whatever would be useful.
> Or maybe one knows an extension with this function I can analyse.
>
> Harry

This might be a good place to have a look into tabs:
http://tabmix-en.blogspot.com/

Re: tab index and tab count in caption

Matt Nordhoff
On 12/06/05 15:18, Moritz 'Morty' Str�be wrote:

> harry schrieb:
>> My idea is to display  the current tab index and tab count in the window
>> caption like:
>>
>> <<page-title>> - Mozilla Firefox - 3 of 17
>>
>> Especially this would be useful for a large tab count.
>>
>> But I don't have an idea where to start looking for the current place to
>>  "extend".
>>
>> An interface name or updating function name or whatever would be useful.
>> Or maybe one knows an extension with this function I can analyse.
>>
>> Harry
>
> This might be a good place to have a look into tabs:
> http://tabmix-en.blogspot.com/

I don't know about Tab Mix, but Tab Mix Plus 0.3 beta [1] stores each
tab's, err, order number in its session.rdf session backup file, so it
has to figure them out somehow. :-)

[1] <URL:http://tmp.garyr.net/beta%200.3/>
--
Happy birthday to my Mom. :-)
(Her birthday was December 3rd, but it only happens once a year, so I

Moritz 'Morty' Str�be wrote:

> harry schrieb:
>> My idea is to display  the current tab index and tab count in the window
>> caption like:
>>
>> <<page-title>> - Mozilla Firefox - 3 of 17
>>
>> Especially this would be useful for a large tab count.
>>
>> But I don't have an idea where to start looking for the current place to
>>  "extend".
>>
>> An interface name or updating function name or whatever would be useful.
>> Or maybe one knows an extension with this function I can analyse.
>>
>> Harry
>
> This might be a good place to have a look into tabs:
> http://tabmix-en.blogspot.com/

Well, my problem is not how to get the tab index, and I also know how to
   watch tab changes, additions or removes.
Also I know how to watch title changes of tabs (at least one way).

The questions is how the data flows from a tab and/or title change to
the window caption. e.g. where "Mozilla Firefox" gets appended to the
page title? And maybe places where to observe this change.

So far I can see, TabMix just takes a snapshot of the information, but
there's no live update which is what I need.

Harry

Re: tab index and tab count in caption

harry-6

Found point for extending.