Quantcast

tab browsing problem

drew-8
im using mozilla 1.7.12,  for the life of me i cannot get the tab
browsing working the way i want, i would like to be able to open a link
or bookmark or a shortcut(from desktop) but it always takes over the
existing tab on the taskbar.
i have tab browser extension installed with no help, i tried tab mix but
  it would not install, im guessing its for firefox.

               regards drew

Re: tab browsing problem

gwtc
drew wrote:

> im using mozilla 1.7.12,  for the life of me i cannot get the tab
> browsing working the way i want, i would like to be able to open a link
> or bookmark or a shortcut(from desktop) but it always takes over the
> existing tab on the taskbar.
> i have tab browser extension installed with no help, i tried tab mix but
>   it would not install, im guessing its for firefox.
>
>                regards drew
Edit, Preferences, Navigator, and Tabbed Browsing, and make sure that
the 1st box in the last section is checked.  When that is, now hold
down the CTRL key and click, and a new tab should be opened.

Otherwise, if you want MORE control over tabs, then I would suggest
getting Multizilla.  A great little extension:
http://multizilla.mozdev.org/