someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

1234 ... 15

someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
This was just pointed out to me:
http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.

If this person needs to discuss me [and without my
permission btw], then he definitely needs to get a life.

And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Herb-2
On 06.11.2007 16:28 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> This was just pointed out to me: http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
>
> If this person needs to discuss me [and without my permission btw], then
> he definitely needs to get a life.
>
> And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.

The person appears to be Nir, who in my experience (if it is indeed the
same Nir) is always very helpful and knowledgeable in these groups.

The blog dates back to 24 August - what the h... is it all about?

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

squaredancer
On 06.11.2007 17:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
> This was just pointed out to me:
> http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
>
> If this person needs to discuss me [and without my
> permission btw], then he definitely needs to get a life.
>
> And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.

no names, no pack-drill, but that blog belongs to Cyber Policeman Nir -
that he is a non-english-earth-inhabitant is clear from the blog language!
BUT - as with most things on the internet, you (Peter) have the
opportunity to REPORT THE BLOG AS OFFENSIVE.... at the top of the page
are a couple of tabs... here, the second from the left is the one you
need to look at!

reg

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Nir-2
Herb wrote, On 11/06/2007 11:40 PM:

> On 06.11.2007 16:28 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> This was just pointed out to me:
>> http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
>>
>> If this person needs to discuss me [and without my permission
>> btw], then he definitely needs to get a life.
>>
>> And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.
>>

> The person appears to be Nir, who in my experience (if it is indeed
> the same Nir

Indeed , it's me .

> ) is always very helpful and knowledgeable in these groups.
>
> The blog dates back to 24 August - what the h... is it all about?

You may get some relevance , see

"http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/browse_frm/thread/2e1df2e521f039fc/4bc4eadcbe5a6921?lnk=gst&q=send+link+starts+IE+55+times#4bc4eadcbe5a6921"

That blog entry was posted at the same time when I was pulling Paranoid
Hippo's leg ;-) ( which one ? umm... not sure , maybe back leg :-\ .
<Ping> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo , should
I consider your front legs as Hands ? O:-) )

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Terry R.
On 11/6/2007 11:29 AM On a whim, Nir pounded out on the keyboard

> Herb wrote, On 11/06/2007 11:40 PM:
>> On 06.11.2007 16:28 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> This was just pointed out to me:
>>> http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
>>>
>>> If this person needs to discuss me [and without my permission
>>> btw], then he definitely needs to get a life.
>>>
>>> And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.
>>>
>> The person appears to be Nir, who in my experience (if it is indeed
>> the same Nir
>
> Indeed , it's me .
>
>> ) is always very helpful and knowledgeable in these groups.
>>
>> The blog dates back to 24 August - what the h... is it all about?
>>

> You may get some relevance , see
>
> "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/browse_frm/thread/2e1df2e521f039fc/4bc4eadcbe5a6921?lnk=gst&q=send+link+starts+IE+55+times#4bc4eadcbe5a6921"
>
> That blog entry was posted at the same time when I was pulling Paranoid
> Hippo's leg ;-) ( which one ? umm... not sure , maybe back leg :-\ .
> <Ping> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo , should
> I consider your front legs as Hands ? O:-) )

Nir,

Stick to support.  You failed at trying to be humorous.

I think it was a cheap shot to talk about someone in a newsgroup in your
blog (not that anyone had read it until today).  Why didn't you just
post it here and take the heat?  You would have gotten a lot more
right, you NEVER talk about OT material...

--
Terry R.

Terry R. wrote, On 11/07/2007 01:11 AM:
> On 11/6/2007 11:29 AM On a whim, Nir pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> Herb wrote, On 11/06/2007 11:40 PM:

> Nir,
>
> Stick to support. You failed at trying to be humorous.

> I think it was a cheap shot to talk about someone in a newsgroup in
> your blog (not that anyone had read it until today). Why didn't you
> just post it here and take the heat?

Have you missed the link , Peter has posted ?
It seems to me that you don't know anything about 'Blog permission
setting' . BTW, in my blog , it had been set to  ("Who can view this blog?")
" All" . That's all a blogger can do .

> You would have gotten a lot more responses (which is the only reason
> people blog, right?). Oh that's right, you NEVER talk about OT
> material...

Should I complete your incomplete sentence ?

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

»Q«
"Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why didn't you just post it here and take the heat?  You would have
> gotten a lot more responses (which is the only reason people blog,
> right?). Oh that's right, you NEVER talk about OT material...

The entire Peter-says-Nir-lives-in-a-Black-Hole thread /was/ posted
here, including Nir's part of it.

»Q« wrote:
> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Why didn't you just post it here and take the heat?  You would have
>> gotten a lot more responses (which is the only reason people blog,
>> right?). Oh that's right, you NEVER talk about OT material...
>
> The entire Peter-says-Nir-lives-in-a-Black-Hole thread /was/ posted
> here, including Nir's part of it.

but what Nir said in that blog of his are new and never was
said here; especially his insulting parts.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Terry R.
On 11/6/2007 11:57 AM On a whim, Nir pounded out on the keyboard

> Terry R. wrote, On 11/07/2007 01:11 AM:

>> Nir,
>>
>> Stick to support. You failed at trying to be humorous.
>
>> I think it was a cheap shot to talk about someone in a newsgroup in
>> your blog (not that anyone had read it until today). Why didn't you
>> just post it here and take the heat?
>
> Have you missed the link , Peter has posted ?
> It seems to me that you don't know anything about 'Blog permission
> setting' . BTW, in my blog , it had been set to  ("Who can view this blog?")
> " All" . That's all a blogger can do .
>
>> You would have gotten a lot more responses (which is the only reason
>> people blog, right?). Oh that's right, you NEVER talk about OT
>> material...
>
> Should I complete your incomplete sentence ?

If it makes you feel more important, please do. Or maybe you don't know
what ... stands for.

--
Terry R.

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

caver1-3
Nir wrote:

> Herb wrote, On 11/06/2007 11:40 PM:
>> On 06.11.2007 16:28 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> This was just pointed out to me: http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
>>>
>>> If this person needs to discuss me [and without my permission
>>> btw], then he definitely needs to get a life.
>>>
>>> And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.
>>>

>> The person appears to be Nir, who in my experience (if it is indeed
>> the same Nir
>
> Indeed , it's me .
>
>> ) is always very helpful and knowledgeable in these groups.
>>
>> The blog dates back to 24 August - what the h... is it all about?
>>

> You may get some relevance , see
>
> "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/browse_frm/thread/2e1df2e521f039fc/4bc4eadcbe5a6921?lnk=gst&q=send+link+starts+IE+55+times#4bc4eadcbe5a6921"
>

> That blog entry was posted at the same time when I was pulling Paranoid
> Hippo's leg ;-) ( which one ? umm... not sure , maybe back leg :-\ .
> <Ping> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo , should
> I consider your front legs as Hands ? O:-) )

Wow. i haven't done acid since 1972.
caver1

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Christopher Jahn
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<[hidden email]> wrote in
news:[hidden email]:

> This was just pointed out to me:
> http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
>
> If this person needs to discuss me [and without my
> permission btw], then he definitely needs to get a life.
>
> And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.

I think it's funny, although not as intense as
http://fakestevejobs.blogspot.com

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

Love as it exists in society is merely the mingling of two
fantasies and the contact of two skins.

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Christopher Jahn
"Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:[hidden email]:

> I think it was a cheap shot to talk about someone in a
> newsgroup in your blog

Waaaaaa.  terry doesn't LIKE it. waaaaaa boo hoo hoo.

You makes your posts, you takes your chances.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

Spacetime isn't curved, it's positively bent.

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Christopher Jahn
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<[hidden email]> wrote in
news:[hidden email]:

>»Q« wrote:
>> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Why didn't you just post it here and take the heat?  You
>>> would have gotten a lot more responses (which is the only
>>> reason people blog, right?). Oh that's right, you NEVER talk
>>> about OT material...
>>
>> The entire Peter-says-Nir-lives-in-a-Black-Hole thread /was/
>> posted here, including Nir's part of it.
>
> but what Nir said in that blog of his are new and never was
> said here; especially his insulting parts.

WHAT "insulting parts?"   If you found any of it "insulting," I
suggest you ask your therapist to adjust your meds.

The closest he comes to insulting you is this:
"He is wasting countless hours to detect flaws in mozilla
etiquette nd cancellation policy"

I call it "an accurate assessment."

Grow up.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

We all live in a yellow subroutine.

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

Terry R.
On 11/6/2007 4:51 PM On a whim, Christopher Jahn pounded out on the keyboard

> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in
> news:[hidden email]:
>
>> I think it was a cheap shot to talk about someone in a
>> newsgroup in your blog
>
> Waaaaaa.  terry doesn't LIKE it. waaaaaa boo hoo hoo.
>
> You makes your posts, you takes your chances.

Like you, I can state my opinion.  If you don't like it, oh well. But
don't cry about it.

--
Terry R.

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

»Q«
Christopher Jahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> WHAT "insulting parts?"   If you found any of it "insulting," I
> suggest you ask your therapist to adjust your meds.
>
> The closest he comes to insulting you is this:
> "He is wasting countless hours to detect flaws in mozilla
> etiquette nd cancellation policy"
>
> I call it "an accurate assessment."
>
> Grow up.

Maybe the bit about passing math in school;  I couldn't find anything
else I might consider insulting.  And that's a pretty light jab, at
most.

Terry R. wrote:
> I think it was a cheap shot to talk about someone in a newsgroup in your
> blog (not that anyone had read it until today).  Why didn't you just
> post it here

Thank you! I would have to agree.  This is what he should
have done. He should have posted the remarks to me on the
group, but instead makes potshots of me elsewhere.  But I
guess this is what this guy does.

»Q« wrote:

> Christopher Jahn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> WHAT "insulting parts?"   If you found any of it "insulting," I
>> suggest you ask your therapist to adjust your meds.
>>
>> The closest he comes to insulting you is this:
>> "He is wasting countless hours to detect flaws in mozilla
>> etiquette nd cancellation policy"
>>
>> I call it "an accurate assessment."
>>
>> Grow up.
>
> Maybe the bit about passing math in school;  I couldn't find anything
> else I might consider insulting.  And that's a pretty light jab, at
> most.

He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a
"black diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory
remarks.  Thats about as bad as me calling him mulatto,
Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or even a Buffie.

Then he tried to insinuate that I've got a monkey's tail.
Why doesn't he just come out and say it?  Its affully close
to saying I'm a "Cheese-eating surrender monkey." Another
insulting remark.

He called me stupid by his phrase of "how Peter managed to
get passmark"

he calls my postings and contributions are zero, that people
can't understand my contributions, and all I do is give
wrong information.  He also calls me, not right out, but
hinted at, that I'm a schizoid with schizophrenia tendencies.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote, On 11/07/2007 02:19 PM:
> »Q« wrote:

>> Maybe the bit about passing math in school; I couldn't find
>> anything else I might consider insulting. And that's a pretty
>> light jab, at most.
>
> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a "black
> diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory remarks. Thats
> about as bad as me calling him mulatto, Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or
> even a Buffie.

'black diamond of a jewel' - really ! where from you found that string ?
Are you using microscope or Telescope to read that blog ? ;)

Actual sentence is "Some words about Peter . Although many people always
takes his post in different way but I always believe that he is a jewel
( Black Diamond ? )"

jewel = Gemstone, precious material .
Black Diamond = Carbonado , actually jewel , having same crystal
structure of Diamond but not a precious material as jewel (diamond).

Those words are used instead of 'important' and 'unimportant' .

Are you not intensionally misinterpreting it  ? :-P

> Then he tried to insinuate that I've got a monkey's tail. Why
> doesn't he just come out and say it?

I suggest you rather clean lens of telescope ( with care )  :-P

"Probably i forgot to mention that he is a good Seamonkey(link) user . BTW ,
as I'm satisfied with Gecko so I never tried to pull monkey's tail ."

"Probably i forgot to mention that he is a good seamonkey user . BTW ,
as I'm satisfied with Firefox+Thundrbird so I never tried to use seamonkey "

> Its affully close to saying I'm a "Cheese-eating surrender monkey."
> Another insulting remark.

malfunctioning ;)

I really wonder how you will interpret if i say 'good morning' to you .

> He called me stupid by his phrase of "how Peter managed to get
> passmark"

Indeed .

> he calls my postings and contributions are zero, that people can't
> understand my contributions,

Should i copy original sentences for you ? :)

> and all I do is give wrong information.

Where  i have written so !

> He also calls me, not right out, but hinted at, that I'm a schizoid
> with schizophrenia tendencies.

hinted ! huh .

Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

PhillipJones
Nir wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote, On 11/07/2007 02:19 PM:
>> »Q« wrote:
>
>>> Maybe the bit about passing math in school; I couldn't find anything
>>> else I might consider insulting. And that's a pretty
>>> light jab, at most.
>>
>> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a "black
>> diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory remarks. Thats
>> about as bad as me calling him mulatto, Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or
>> even a Buffie.
>>

> 'black diamond of a jewel' - really ! where from you found that string ?
> Are you using microscope or Telescope to read that blog ? ;)

You were not reading very close. Its in there I read it.

> Actual sentence is "Some words about Peter . Although many people always
> takes his post in different way but I always believe that he is a jewel
> ( Black Diamond ? )"
>
> jewel = Gemstone, precious material .
> Black Diamond = Carbonado , actually jewel , having same crystal
> structure of Diamond but not a precious material as jewel (diamond).

Not every one would think to look up in dictionary.
  But a diamond before it gets to the diamond stage is Coal which is
Black. so he could have gotten the impression could have been calling
him Black. And even he was actually bring up his color and he indeed is
Black in context used would imply some bigotry.

> Those words are used instead of 'important' and 'unimportant' .
>
> Are you not intensionally misinterpreting it  ? :-P
>

>> Then he tried to insinuate that I've got a monkey's tail. Why
>> doesn't he just come out and say it?
>
> I suggest you rather clean lens of telescope ( with care )  :-P
>
> "Probably i forgot to mention that he is a good Seamonkey(link) user .
> BTW ,
> as I'm satisfied with Gecko so I never tried to pull monkey's tail ."
>
> "Probably i forgot to mention that he is a good seamonkey user . BTW ,
> as I'm satisfied with Firefox+Thundrbird so I never tried to use
> seamonkey "
>

>> Its affully close to saying I'm a "Cheese-eating surrender monkey."
>> Another insulting remark.

> malfunctioning ;)
>
> I really wonder how you will interpret if i say 'good morning' to you .
>
>> He called me stupid by his phrase of "how Peter managed to get passmark"
>
> Indeed .

yes you admit it.

whether some one passes test in school has no bearing on the use of an
application.

Einstein and folks of his type couldn't pass regular school test. And
was made fun of. But implying he would be dumb because he couldn't pass
test.

>> he calls my postings and contributions are zero, that people can't
>> understand my contributions,

  I can understand, his postings and for me they sometime come off as
insulting and condescending. But I can understanding.

I have that ability as well, which was passed down through the genes of
my father. Sometimes I can speak  or write something, and to me it seems
harmless or actually a comment. Yet the person on the receiving end
thinks its insulting.

There was many a time when dad was living and younger he would say
something to his friends and they would ask my mother whether he was
joking or being insulting. She would have to explain what he was trying
to say.

> Should i copy original sentences for you ? :)
>
>> and all I do is give wrong information.

  I do that as well, For instance I will answer a question about
SM/FF/TB based on my experience as a Mac user. And more than not I am
beat down because I tried to answer. Even though the list are not
exclusive to PC users only.

So answer may be right in his case. or things have changed since the
time it happened to him.

> Where  i have written so !
>
>> He also calls me, not right out, but hinted at, that I'm a schizoid
>> with schizophrenia tendencies.
>>

> hinted ! huh .

Could have.

I am no apologist Peter. He comes across pretty rough for me at times.

But folks on these groups can some times as an old Lester & Flatt song
says "Get above their Rasin'" In bluegrass music Parlance That mean the
become pretentious, or full of themselves. OR think they are better than
others.

But when it comes down to it we all put our pants on the same way "one
leg at a time".

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a
> "black diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory
> remarks.  Thats about as bad as me calling him mulatto,
> Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or even a Buffie.

Really?  Can you provide some citation to show that "jewel" is a
a slur?  I've never come across it.

> He called me stupid by his phrase of "how Peter managed to
> get passmark"

Nah, plenty of people who aren't stupid aren't good at mathematics.

Meh, I think you're just very easily outraged.
1234 ... 15