sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Dave Yeo-3
I've uploaded new builds of SeaMonkey 2.21 and Thunderbird 24.8.1 to
hobbes. Based on the same code as the Bitwise release of Firefox 24.8.1
and have the same issues including lack of HTML 5 sound which I believe
was forgotten to be mentioned.
Issues should be checked with Firefox 24.8.1 to see if they are in the
Gecko code or not.
Thanks to Bitwise for their work on Firefox and help for me to compile.
Dave

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Steve Wendt
On 11/02/14 04:16 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:

> I've uploaded new builds of SeaMonkey 2.21

Thanks, Dave!

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Dave Yeo-3
Dave Yeo wrote:
> I've uploaded new builds of SeaMonkey 2.21 and Thunderbird 24.8.1 to hobbes

Hobbes seems to have been compromised, binaries are available at the
OS/2 site.
I also just noticed that the IPC plugin supported reverted to enabled.
I'd suggest going to about:config and toggling dom.ipc.plugins.enabled
to false.
I also had an issue here with SeaMonkey tying up my pipe downloading the
safe browsing data and had to go to about;config to turn it off,  toggle
these to false if you need to,
browser.safebrowsing.enabled
browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled
services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.safebrowsing.enabled
services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Dave Yeo-3
Dave Yeo wrote:
> Dave Yeo wrote:
>> I've uploaded new builds of SeaMonkey 2.21 and Thunderbird 24.8.1 to
>> hobbes
>
> Hobbes seems to have been compromised

The md5sums of what I uploaded
f00ea145290facce0a41f5d8b0b969bc *seamonkey-2.21b1.en-US.os2.zip

e4dcc11010b00d62bace430d4901b8df *thunderbird-24.8.1b1.en-US.os2.zip

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Andreas Schnellbacher-2
Dave Yeo wrote:

> Dave Yeo wrote:
>
>> Dave Yeo wrote:
>>
>>> I've uploaded new builds of SeaMonkey 2.21 and Thunderbird 24.8.1
>>> to hobbes
>>
>> Hobbes seems to have been compromised
>
> The md5sums of what I uploaded f00ea145290facce0a41f5d8b0b969bc
> *seamonkey-2.21b1.en-US.os2.zip
>
> e4dcc11010b00d62bace430d4901b8df *thunderbird-24.8.1b1.en-US.os2.zip

Dave, all the files you've uploaded to Hobbes yesterday were far too
small, except one .txt file. Hobbes is now not reachable from here.

Apparently the files on Ian's OS/2 Site are broken, too, even when the
displayed size on the HTML page shows much too large values.

--
Andreas Schnellbacher

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Dave Yeo-3
Andreas Schnellbacher wrote:

> Dave Yeo wrote:
>
>> Dave Yeo wrote:

>>> Hobbes seems to have been compromised
>>
>> The md5sums of what I uploaded f00ea145290facce0a41f5d8b0b969bc
>> *seamonkey-2.21b1.en-US.os2.zip
>>
>> e4dcc11010b00d62bace430d4901b8df *thunderbird-24.8.1b1.en-US.os2.zip
>
> Dave, all the files you've uploaded to Hobbes yesterday were far too
> small, except one .txt file. Hobbes is now not reachable from here.
>
> Apparently the files on Ian's OS/2 Site are broken, too, even when the
> displayed size on the HTML page shows much too large values.

That's strange, I've had at least one report of SM not working on eCS
2.2b1 but working on eCS 2.1, I double checked the text files and they
were fine and looking at Ian's site, they are exactly the same size as here,
11-02-14 12:09p    47,326,244      0 a---  seamonkey-2.21b1.en-US.os2.zip
11-02-14  8:25a    43,983,716      0 a---
thunderbird-24.8.1b1.en-US.os2.zip
and yes, SeaMonkey has grown a lot.
Perhaps you were thinking of the failed uploads from Saturday.
Dave

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Doug Bissett-2
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 23:57:53 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Andreas Schnellbacher wrote:
> > Dave Yeo wrote:

> >> The md5sums of what I uploaded f00ea145290facce0a41f5d8b0b969bc
> >> *seamonkey-2.21b1.en-US.os2.zip
> >>
> >> e4dcc11010b00d62bace430d4901b8df *thunderbird-24.8.1b1.en-US.os2.zip
> >
> > Dave, all the files you've uploaded to Hobbes yesterday were far too
> > small, except one .txt file. Hobbes is now not reachable from here.
> >
> > Apparently the files on Ian's OS/2 Site are broken, too, even when the
> > displayed size on the HTML page shows much too large values.
> >

> That's strange, I've had at least one report of SM not working on eCS
> 2.2b1 but working on eCS 2.1, I double checked the text files and they
> were fine and looking at Ian's site, they are exactly the same size as here,
> 11-02-14 12:09p    47,326,244      0 a---  seamonkey-2.21b1.en-US.os2.zip
> 11-02-14  8:25a    43,983,716      0 a---
> thunderbird-24.8.1b1.en-US.os2.zip
> and yes, SeaMonkey has grown a lot.
> Perhaps you were thinking of the failed uploads from Saturday.
> Dave

I have packaged them (from HOBBES) as WarpIn archives. They do
install, and run, although I did not do much testing. I think I got
them uploaded to HOBBES, but the HOBBES HTML interface is not
responding, so I really don't know if they are there, or not. FTP
seems to be working, and they look okay that way (I didn't download
them again). The WPI files are also at netlabs. I suppose that the ZIP
files should also be put to netlabs, but I am having a problem with my
internet byte count (goofy nephew with a game machine).

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net

Bob

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Bob
I have downloaded the files from Hobbes incoming and opened them successfully
(zips). They look good but I haven't tried installing yet.

Bob

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Andreas Schnellbacher-2
Dave Yeo wrote:

> and yes, SeaMonkey has grown a lot.

> Perhaps you were thinking of the failed uploads from Saturday.

That makes sense, but the download from Ian's site failed here
as well. I'll give it a new try with clean dirs and cache.

Thanks, also for the compilation and upload.

--
Andreas Schnellbacher

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Gabriele Gamba
On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 20:36:35 UTC, Andreas Schnellbacher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dave Yeo wrote:
>
> > and yes, SeaMonkey has grown a lot.
>
> > Perhaps you were thinking of the failed uploads from Saturday.
>
> That makes sense, but the download from Ian's site failed here
> as well. I'll give it a new try with clean dirs and cache.

I downloaded (and installed) yesterday Thunderbird and Lightning from
Ian's site: they both works fine.

--
Ciao
Gabriele

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Andreas Schnellbacher-2
Andreas Schnellbacher wrote:

> I'll give it a new try

Download of all files has worked well now. I've used
<ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub>.

SeaMonkey 2.21b1 runs and well. The speed improvement compared with
2.14 is remarkable.

--
Andreas Schnellbacher

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Dave Yeo-3
Andreas Schnellbacher wrote:

> Andreas Schnellbacher wrote:
>
>> I'll give it a new try
>
> Download of all files has worked well now. I've used
> <ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub>.
>
> SeaMonkey 2.21b1 runs and well. The speed improvement compared with
> 2.14 is remarkable.

Yes, 2.14 and FF 17.0.x had quite a speed regression. I suspect the JIT
wasn't working but couldn't figure it out.
Dave

Re: sm 2.21b1 and tb 24.8.1b1

Dave Yeo-3
Doug Bissett wrote:
> I suppose that the ZIP
> files should also be put to netlabs, but I am having a problem with my
> internet byte count (goofy nephew with a game machine).

I wouldn't bother uploading them to netlabs as I'm planning on updating
in a week or two with builds linked against libc066 and also fix a
couple of issues i had with building SM (didn't automatically link
against a couple of things or use high memory, which I fixed on the
command line, and both SM and TB wanted to add slightly wrong xqs files
to the zip files, quickly fixed by deleting files) and while this build
was against the official (patched) bundle, the next one will be against
my bitbucket code which in theory should have been the same but actually
differed by a couple of thousand commits (all branches which shouldn't
matter).
While I'll keep the tree that I used available if anyone really wants to
pay me (couple of bucks) to snail mail it to them, I'd prefer to have
things in sync with bitbucket and easily available.
Dave