setTimeoutAt(cb, date)

Cyril Auburtin
What would you think of this function allowing to run a callback at a given date?

Re: setTimeoutAt(cb, date)

Isiah Meadows-2

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017, 15:53 Cyril Auburtin <[hidden email]> wrote:
What would you think of this function allowing to run a callback at a given date?

Re: setTimeoutAt(cb, date)

Tab Atkins Jr.
On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Isiah Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Previous discussion:
> https://esdiscuss.org/topic/standardize-global-settimeout-etc

That thread is not relevant to the question at hand.  That linked
thread is talking about moving the definition of setTimeout() from DOM
to ES; this thread is talking about letting setTimeout() take a Date
object instead of a numeric delay argument, and run at that given
date.

(Unless you were trying to say that, as sorta concluded in the linked
thread, this is a DOM issue rather than an ES issue. In which case,
okay, but you could have been a lot more direct. ^_^)

~TJ

Re: setTimeoutAt(cb, date)

Isiah Meadows-2

I may have linked the wrong thread by accident. I was trying to link a thread I started a few months ago about moving it from the DOM into ES.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017, 14:40 Tab Atkins Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Isiah Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Previous discussion:
> https://esdiscuss.org/topic/standardize-global-settimeout-etc

That thread is not relevant to the question at hand.  That linked
thread is talking about moving the definition of setTimeout() from DOM
to ES; this thread is talking about letting setTimeout() take a Date
object instead of a numeric delay argument, and run at that given
date.

(Unless you were trying to say that, as sorta concluded in the linked
thread, this is a DOM issue rather than an ES issue. In which case,
okay, but you could have been a lot more direct. ^_^)

~TJ

Re: setTimeoutAt(cb, date)

Cyril Auburtin
I think it would be useful, more for Node.js context, to run task in a cron-way natively (there must be libraries doing that)