seamonkey, gcc-3.3 & debian/sid

Hartmut Figge
Greetings,

seamonkey compiles fine under gcc-4.0 and gcc-3.4. Formerly i had used
gcc-3.3, because some people were interested in my builds and they
couldn't use my gcc4-builds.

Since some weeks compilation with gcc-3.3 is no longer possible on my
debian/sid. After half of the compilation it ends with errors. The full
log of the compilation can be seen on http://www.triffids.de/tmp/

Has anyone an idea, if i can do something about this issue?

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/ ist eroeffnet!
Von Usern fuer User  :-)

Re: seamonkey, gcc-3.3 & debian/sid

Hartmut Figge
Hartmut Figge:

[...]
>Has anyone an idea, if i can do something about this issue?

Addendum:
Near the top of my build-script i have now added the lines

gcc --version
g++ --version

This gives

hafi@t900:~$ build-affe
gcc (GCC) 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-10)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

g++ (GCC) 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-10)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/ ist eroeffnet!
Von Usern fuer User  :-)

Re: seamonkey, gcc-3.3 & debian/sid

Andrew Schultz-2
Hartmut Figge wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> seamonkey compiles fine under gcc-4.0 and gcc-3.4. Formerly i had used
> gcc-3.3, because some people were interested in my builds and they
> couldn't use my gcc4-builds.
>
> Since some weeks compilation with gcc-3.3 is no longer possible on my
> debian/sid. After half of the compilation it ends with errors. The full
> log of the compilation can be seen on http://www.triffids.de/tmp/
>
> Has anyone an idea, if i can do something about this issue?

Are you building SeaMonkey trunk or 1.0 branch (MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH)?

I compile 1.0 branch regularly with 3.3 on FC1 (that's where the branch
nightlies come from).

--
Andrew Schultz
[hidden email]

Re: seamonkey, gcc-3.3 & debian/sid

Hartmut Figge
Andrew Schultz:
>Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> Since some weeks compilation with gcc-3.3 is no longer possible on my
>> debian/sid. After half of the compilation it ends with errors. The full
>> log of the compilation can be seen on http://www.triffids.de/tmp/
>>
>> Has anyone an idea, if i can do something about this issue?
>
>Are you building SeaMonkey trunk or 1.0 branch (MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH)?

trunk.

>I compile 1.0 branch regularly with 3.3 on FC1 (that's where the branch
>nightlies come from).

It is possible, that the reason for the compilation error belongs to
debian/sid. I've just sent a mail to [hidden email]
about this issue.

The last successful compilation was with gcc version 3.3.6
(Debian 1:3.3.6-9), and now there is

hafi@t900:~$ gcc-3.3 --version
gcc-3.3 (GCC) 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-10)

But i'm not sure, if the transition from -9 to -10 ist really the reason.

In the ML i was pointed to
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.crystalspace.general/6771,
and in fact, the similarity is astounding.

Surely, i could test myself by installing sarge and compiling seamonkey
there, but, eh, too much trouble. ;)

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/ ist eroeffnet!
Von Usern fuer User  :-)

Re: seamonkey, gcc-3.3 & debian/sid

Hartmut Figge
Hartmut Figge:
[...]

The culprit was a new version of binutils in debian/sid. After
installing an old version all works fine now.

Hartmut