Quantcast

request referrer when downgrading from https to http

request referrer when downgrading from https to http

edanpr
Hi,

For an internal addon, I'm trying to track the referrer (or origin) of every request. I couldn't find a way to do it for http requests coming from https.

Since it's for internal use, any configuration change or method is usable.

I tried using "channel.getProperty("docshell.internalReferrer")" on "http-on-modify-request", but the property never exists.

Is there any method to get it?

Re: request referrer when downgrading from https to http

Boris Zbarsky
On 2/26/16 5:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I tried using "channel.getProperty("docshell.internalReferrer")" on "http-on-modify-request", but the property never exists.

That property should exist for document loads.  At least modulo whatever
e10s does here...

-Boris

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 9:30:11 PM UTC+7, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> That property should exist for document loads.  At least modulo whatever
> e10s does here...
>
> -Boris

I need it for requests that are not documents. For example, requests from Flash that seem to bypass the http over https limitation.