release 0.8.0.2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

release 0.8.0.2

Aaron Reed
Hi,

We've had a few serious bugs reported about 0.8.0.1 that are real
stoppers for some people.  Like multipart/form-data submissions not
working and SOAP not working.  Plus we just finished our implementation
of the 1.1 insert functionality (without the unique id guarantee which
we are doing later under another bug).  Since we think that these
patches can really help out a lot of people, we are going to do another
release sooner rather than later.

Bugs expected to be fixed in 0.8.0.2:
SOAPAction header not being set on submission
(https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385806)
Multipart/form-data submission broken
(https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385857)
Support XForms 1.1 insert action
(https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=368583)
Http referer field not set for submission
(https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=386070)

I'm on vacation for the next week, but if there are any questions I'm
sure others that monitor this NG can help answer them.
--Aaron
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: release 0.8.0.2

lorenzo de tomasi
I alert you of some bugs found working on this xform:
http://sinapsi.isotype.org/describe_person.xhtml

The generated xml is not correctly indented. I must find a way to do
it. If it's not possible, I think it's fundamental to implement this
function, choosing the preferred indenting method (spaces, tabs etc.).

When I select a country from the drop-down-country-list, the slider
doesn't disappear (refresh problem; I have tested it on a Powermac
with Mac OS X 10.4.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.4, on 14th June 2007).

A <code>xf:hint</code> in an element in the last lines of the page is
not visible: it exits from the page and I can't scroll the page (I
have tested it on a Powermac with Mac OS X 10.4.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.4,
on 14th June 2007). It should automatically choose its position (above
or below the element), like dropdown lists and gmail menus do.

Thank you very much

On 3 Lug, 02:33, Aaron Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've had a few serious bugs reported about 0.8.0.1 that are real
> stoppers for some people.  Like multipart/form-data submissions not
> working and SOAP not working.  Plus we just finished our implementation
> of the 1.1 insert functionality (without the unique id guarantee which
> we are doing later under another bug).  Since we think that these
> patches can really help out a lot of people, we are going to do another
> release sooner rather than later.
>
> Bugs expected to be fixed in 0.8.0.2:
> SOAPAction header not being set on submission
> (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385806)
> Multipart/form-data submission broken
> (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385857)
> Support XForms 1.1 insert action
> (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=368583)
> Http referer field not set for submission
> (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=386070)
>
> I'm on vacation for the next week, but if there are any questions I'm
> sure others that monitor this NG can help answer them.
> --Aaron


_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: release 0.8.0.2

lorenzo de tomasi
On 4 Lug, 11:34, Lorenzo De Tomasi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I alert you of some bugs found working on this xform:http://sinapsi.isotype.org/describe_person.xhtml

Other bugs:
I can't load the default file if birth date is different from the one
written in it.
If 0000-01-01 is set and I press the load button at the page bottom,
it DOESN'T load lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml.

If I modifiy 0000-01-01 in 1976-01-18 (the value already set in
lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml) and I press the load button at the page bottom,
it loads lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml
- - - - -
Mac and pc have different file paths. If I press the save button on
the  online page I can't find the file lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml saved
locally or I can't understand where Mozilla xforms saves it. Does it
work?
I think it should be setted a default save location, that can be the
last place where we have downloaded something with mozilla or, better,
it should be opened the defaul Mozilla download window, where the user
can select a custom path.

Thank you very much :-)

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: release 0.8.0.2

Aaron Reed
In reply to this post by lorenzo de tomasi
Hi Lorenzo,

Lorenzo De Tomasi wrote:
> I alert you of some bugs found working on this xform:
> http://sinapsi.isotype.org/describe_person.xhtml
>
> The generated xml is not correctly indented. I must find a way to do
> it. If it's not possible, I think it's fundamental to implement this
> function, choosing the preferred indenting method (spaces, tabs etc.).

I assume you mean that submitted xml should be able to be indented.  We
have a bug open already to support the xforms 1.0 @indent on the
xf:submission element ->
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=278761.  No idea when we'll
get around to fixing it.  Is this a critical bug for you and if so, why?
  If so, please put the reason in the bug so that we don't lose that
information.  Thanks.

>
> When I select a country from the drop-down-country-list, the slider
> doesn't disappear (refresh problem; I have tested it on a Powermac
> with Mac OS X 10.4.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.4, on 14th June 2007).

Can you describe this better?  I don't know what you mean by 'slider'.
Do you mean that you click on something in the drop-down list and the
dropdown doesn't disappear?

>
> A <code>xf:hint</code> in an element in the last lines of the page is
> not visible: it exits from the page and I can't scroll the page (I
> have tested it on a Powermac with Mac OS X 10.4.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.4,
> on 14th June 2007). It should automatically choose its position (above
> or below the element), like dropdown lists and gmail menus do.

You are absolutely right, this is something that we should handle
better.  Can you please open a bug and attach a testcase?

--Aaron
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: release 0.8.0.2

Aaron Reed
In reply to this post by lorenzo de tomasi
Hi Lorenzo,

Lorenzo De Tomasi wrote:

> On 4 Lug, 11:34, Lorenzo De Tomasi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I alert you of some bugs found working on this xform:http://sinapsi.isotype.org/describe_person.xhtml
>
> Other bugs:
> I can't load the default file if birth date is different from the one
> written in it.
> If 0000-01-01 is set and I press the load button at the page bottom,
> it DOESN'T load lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml.
>
> If I modifiy 0000-01-01 in 1976-01-18 (the value already set in
> lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml) and I press the load button at the page bottom,
> it loads lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml


It has nothing to do with the specific date in the file.  You'll notice
a warning in the error console when you click on the load button, I
expect.  I got one.  It is the fact that 0000-01-01 is an invalid date
so submission fails until that date is valid ->
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime

> - - - - -
> Mac and pc have different file paths. If I press the save button on
> the  online page I can't find the file lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml saved
> locally or I can't understand where Mozilla xforms saves it. Does it
> work?

If you are loading the page online and you click on save, then it is
trying to put it back on the server that served the form because your
path in @action is unqualified.  "lorenzo_de_tomasi.xml" would be
relative to the loaded file.  I don't know where your server puts
uploaded files and we can't affect that.

> I think it should be setted a default save location, that can be the
> last place where we have downloaded something with mozilla or, better,
> it should be opened the defaul Mozilla download window, where the user
> can select a custom path.
>

If the form author wants the user to be able to specify where to put the
file, then they certainly can.  Just make sure that @action is set prior
to the submission being triggered.  If you would like @action to be able
to be expressed via binding to an instance node, then that would be a
request for the W3C working group.

I hope that this helps,
--Aaron
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: release 0.8.0.2

Klotz, Leigh
>If you would like @action to be able to be expressed via binding to an
instance node, then that would be a request for the W3C working group

It's already there in XForms 1.1, which we hope Mozilla will be
implementing more of soon.
See http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#submit and note the <action> child
element of <submission>.

By next draft of XForms 1.1, <verb> is likely to be changed to <method>
and <serialize> boolean is likely to be changed to <serialization>
string (enum of MIME types union with "").

Leigh.

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: release 0.8.0.2

Aaron Reed
In reply to this post by Aaron Reed
Bah, I'm sooo dumb.  To correct Leigh, you should use the <resource>
child element of submission from the 1.1 spec (not the action child...no
such thing in the 1.1 draft spec currently out on w3.org) to specify the
submission destination in instance data.  And we DO support the 1.1
resource child element of xf:submission.  That went into 0.8.0.1.

Sorry that I didn't think of that sooner.  I guess I'm not used to 1.1
enough yet to think of things like that off of the top of my head!  Good
thing that we have Leigh! :-)

--Aaron

Klotz, Leigh wrote:

>> If you would like @action to be able to be expressed via binding to an
> instance node, then that would be a request for the W3C working group
>
> It's already there in XForms 1.1, which we hope Mozilla will be
> implementing more of soon.
> See http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#submit and note the <action> child
> element of <submission>.
>
> By next draft of XForms 1.1, <verb> is likely to be changed to <method>
> and <serialize> boolean is likely to be changed to <serialization>
> string (enum of MIME types union with "").
>
> Leigh.
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: release 0.8.0.2

Klotz, Leigh
Don't feel bad.  I suggested the name the child of the element
"resource" and still got it wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Aaron
Reed
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:18 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: release 0.8.0.2

Bah, I'm sooo dumb.  To correct Leigh, you should use the <resource>
child element of submission from the 1.1 spec (not the action child...no

such thing in the 1.1 draft spec currently out on w3.org) to specify the

submission destination in instance data.  And we DO support the 1.1
resource child element of xf:submission.  That went into 0.8.0.1.

Sorry that I didn't think of that sooner.  I guess I'm not used to 1.1
enough yet to think of things like that off of the top of my head!  Good

thing that we have Leigh! :-)

--Aaron

Klotz, Leigh wrote:
>> If you would like @action to be able to be expressed via binding to
an
> instance node, then that would be a request for the W3C working group
>
> It's already there in XForms 1.1, which we hope Mozilla will be
> implementing more of soon.
> See http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#submit and note the <action> child
> element of <submission>.
>
> By next draft of XForms 1.1, <verb> is likely to be changed to
<method>
> and <serialize> boolean is likely to be changed to <serialization>
> string (enum of MIME types union with "").
>
> Leigh.
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms