reflow branch testing wanted

L. David Baron
I think the reflow branch is getting pretty close to a state where
it can land on the trunk.  However, it could probably use some more
people testing it on regular Web browsing to make sure that there
aren't major bugs we don't know about that should block landing.

So, in other words, it's at the point where I'd like to ask people
to try out a reflow branch build and file bugs on problems that you
run into that are not present in trunk builds, especially if those
problems should block the branch landing.  The main thing to test is
where Web site layout and user interface layout are still correct.
The point of comparison for what is a regression caused by the
branch should be trunk nightly builds from 2006-10-31 or 2006-11-01
(since the current branch point was between those builds).

Links to nightly builds (Windows only, and probably Windows only
until it lands on the trunk), build instructions, and the current
list of known regressions on the branch are at:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:Reflow_Refactoring#Quick_Links
(I plan to continue working on the list of known bugs while this
testing is happening.  However, I don't think any single one of the
known bugs is bad enough to block the branch from landing on the
trunk.)

If you file bugs, please put "[reflow branch]" at the beginning of
the summary of the bug.

-David

--
L. David Baron                                <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >

Re: reflow branch testing wanted

L. David Baron
On Monday 2006-11-06 12:26 -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
> Links to nightly builds (Windows only, and probably Windows only
> until it lands on the trunk), build instructions, and the current
> list of known regressions on the branch are at:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:Reflow_Refactoring#Quick_Links

And the build machine has now (as of 2006-11-06-18-trunk) hopefully
been fixed so that the builds should not require the VC8 runtime to
be installed.

-David

--
L. David Baron                                <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >

Re: reflow branch testing wanted

Martijn-4
On 11/7/06, L. David Baron <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And the build machine has now (as of 2006-11-06-18-trunk) hopefully
> been fixed so that the builds should not require the VC8 runtime to
> be installed.

Thanks for that!
I used to wonder why the reflow branch builds didn't work on my new computer.
Installing visual studio express solved it for me.

Regards,
Martijn

> -David
>
> --
> L. David Baron                                <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >
>            Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, Mozilla Corporation

Re: reflow branch testing wanted

boards (Bugzilla)
On Monday 06 November 2006 14:26, L. David Baron wrote:
> Links to nightly builds (Windows only, and probably Windows only
> until it lands on the trunk), build instructions, and the current
> list of known regressions on the branch are at:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:Reflow_Refactoring#Quick_Links
> (I plan to continue working on the list of known bugs while this
> testing is happening.  However, I don't think any single one of the
> known bugs is bad enough to block the branch from landing on the
> trunk.)
I'm assuming that we can still do CVS checkouts to build Linux versions?
--
Matt Sicker

On Friday 2006-11-10 13:18 -0600, Matt Sicker wrote:

> On Monday 06 November 2006 14:26, L. David Baron wrote:
> > Links to nightly builds (Windows only, and probably Windows only
> > until it lands on the trunk), build instructions, and the current
> > list of known regressions on the branch are at:
> > http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:Reflow_Refactoring#Quick_Links
> > (I plan to continue working on the list of known bugs while this
> > testing is happening.  However, I don't think any single one of the
> > known bugs is bad enough to block the branch from landing on the
> > trunk.)
> I'm assuming that we can still do CVS checkouts to build Linux versions?
Yes.

-David

--
L. David Baron                                <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >

Re: reflow branch testing wanted

Gábor Stefanik

L. David Baron wrote:

> On Friday 2006-11-10 13:18 -0600, Matt Sicker wrote:
> > On Monday 06 November 2006 14:26, L. David Baron wrote:
> > > Links to nightly builds (Windows only, and probably Windows only
> > > until it lands on the trunk), build instructions, and the current
> > > list of known regressions on the branch are at:
> > > http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:Reflow_Refactoring#Quick_Links
> > > (I plan to continue working on the list of known bugs while this
> > > testing is happening.  However, I don't think any single one of the
> > > known bugs is bad enough to block the branch from landing on the
> > > trunk.)
> > I'm assuming that we can still do CVS checkouts to build Linux versions?
>
> Yes.
>
> -David
>
> --
> L. David Baron                                <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >
>            Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, Mozilla Corporation
>
> --G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

Although they are not daily, I'm also making some reflow branch builds
on my site, fireflowfox.ifastnet.com, that are optimized for general
usage, so they might be for your help as you are moving towards
real-world testing (as opposed to hust using testcases). Also, they use
a different branding (they are called FiReflowfox as opposed to
Minefield), to help prevent confusing them with trunk builds.