recovering bookmarks

Sogn Mill-Scout-2
I think I accidentally deleted a folder from my bookmarks tool bar. This happened less than an hour ago. I investigated the Backup and Restore instructions at the support site and followed the instructions. I restored from a file dated yesterday, but it failed to restore the missing folder. I'm stumped, but I would very very much like to get back that folder. Any help would be most appreciated.

Sogn

Re: recovering bookmarks

David E. Ross-3
On 10/8/2017 4:09 PM, Sogn Mill-Scout wrote:
> I think I accidentally deleted a folder from my bookmarks tool bar. This happened less than an hour ago. I investigated the Backup and Restore instructions at the support site and followed the instructions. I restored from a file dated yesterday, but it failed to restore the missing folder. I'm stumped, but I would very very much like to get back that folder. Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Sogn

Try the following:

1.  Open the Bookmarks Manager.  (How you do this likely depends on
whether you are using Firefox or SeaMonkey and possibly even which
version of the browser you are using.)

2.  On the Bookmarks Manager menu bar, select [Tools > Restore > xxx],
where "xxx" is the date of the bookmarks backup you wish to use.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

By allowing employers to eliminate coverage for birth control
from their insurance plans, President Trump has guaranteed there
will be an increase in the demand for abortions.

Re: recovering bookmarks

Sogn Mill-Scout-2
At 04:58 PM, 10/8/2017, Sunday, David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/8/2017 4:09 PM, Sogn Mill-Scout wrote:
> I think I accidentally deleted a folder from my bookmarks tool bar. This happened less than an hour ago. I investigated the Backup and Restore instructions at the support site and followed the instructions. I restored from a file dated yesterday, but it failed to restore the missing folder. I'm stumped, but I would very very much like to get back that folder. Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Sogn

Try the following:

1.  Open the Bookmarks Manager.  (How you do this likely depends on
whether you are using Firefox or SeaMonkey and possibly even which
version of the browser you are using.)

2.  On the Bookmarks Manager menu bar, select [Tools > Restore > xxx],
where "xxx" is the date of the bookmarks backup you wish to use.

--
David E. Ross
< http://www.rossde.com/>

By allowing employers to eliminate coverage for birth control
from their insurance plans, President Trump has guaranteed there
will be an increase in the demand for abortions.

Thank you. I'm using FF 56 on Windows 10. The Restore did not work, not that that suprises me. ALl I got was a message saying "cannot process file." Fortunately I was able to rebuild the missing folder by other means, albeit somewhat laboriously.

Now I have another problem, but I'll submit that under a separate subject heading...

Sogn