readonly user

david.garvey@gmail.com
I need to create a read-only user for bugzilla using only the mysql
database. I am running version 2.18 and I am no bugzilla admin. Could
someone point me in the right direction? editusers.cgi ??

mysql> select * from versions where product_id=3;
+-------+------------+
| value | product_id |

Re: readonly user

Marc Schumann
David,

2007/11/16, David Garvey <[hidden email]>:
> I need to create a read-only user for bugzilla using only the mysql
> database. I am running version 2.18 and I am no bugzilla admin. Could
> someone point me in the right direction? editusers.cgi ??

I'm not sure I understand correctly... I gather you want to access the
Bugzilla database directly using a read-only database user. For this,
you don't need to do anything with Bugzilla. You need to add a
read-only user to MySQL. See MySQL's documentation for how to do this.

> mysql> select * from versions where product_id=3;
> +-------+------------+
> | value | product_id |
> +-------+------------+
> | 2.18  |          3 |
> +-------+------------+

By the way, in order not to have others confused: this is no
indication of which Bugzilla version you're running. This shows the
list of possible version values that have been set by an admin for
product 3. Users can select from this list of values when entering
bugs in product 3.

   Regards
      Marc

Re: readonly user

david.garvey@gmail.com
Marc,

I would like to create a read only user in the bugzilla schema so the new
bugzilla user can only read the bugs. I am not bz admin but I do have root
access
to mysql.

Thanks,
DGarvey

--
David Garvey

RE: readonly user

Tosh, Michael J
you are looking for the SQL needed to add a bugzilla user directly to
the profiles table in the database so they can read bugzilla issues and
you don't have an account that has permission to the bugzilla user page,
editusers.cgi?

--
David Garvey

Re: readonly user

david.garvey@gmail.com
Yes Michael,

I have looked at the editusers.cgi briefly but nothing stands out for a read
only user. LMTO is used to work for lmto;)

Thanks,
DGarvey

--
David Garvey

RE: readonly user

Tosh, Michael J
What we've done at my location is to use groups.  If a user isn't a part
of the editbugs group for each product, then they are read only.

--
David Garvey

Re: readonly user

david.garvey@gmail.com
Great,

Thanks Michael... I will have a looksee.

--
David Garvey

Re: readonly user

david.garvey@gmail.com
The UI has Bugzilla <http://www.bugzilla.org/> Version 2.22.2. And the
group_group_map table would confirm my version is not 2.18.

isbless  doesn't exist.

mysql> describe group_group_map;
+------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field      | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| member_id  | mediumint(9) |      | PRI | 0       |       |
| grantor_id | mediumint(9) |      | PRI | 0       |       |
| grant_type | tinyint(4)   |      | PRI | 0       |       |
+------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

--
David Garvey

Re: readonly user

david.garvey@gmail.com
I have created a new user and new group. However I am still unable to get
read only access to the bug 43049. What am I missing?
mysql> select * from profiles where login_name='[hidden email]';
+--------+------------------------+---------------+----------+--------------+------------+---------------------+-----------+
| userid | login_name             | cryptpassword | realname | disabledtext
| mybugslink | refreshed_when      | extern_id |
+--------+------------------------+---------------+----------+--------------+------------+---------------------+-----------+
|    586 | [hidden email] | xxxxxxxxxx | test RO  |
|          1 | 1900-01-01 00:00:00 | NULL      |
+--------+------------------------+---------------+----------+--------------+------------+---------------------+-----------+

mysql> select * from groups where id='41';
+----+-----------+-------------+------------+---------------------+------------------------+----------+
| id | name      | description | isbuggroup | last_changed        |
userregexp             | isactive |
+----+-----------+-------------+------------+---------------------+------------------------+----------+
| 41 | read-only | read_only   |          1 | 2007-11-16 17:45:59 |
[hidden email] |        1 |
+----+-----------+-------------+------------+---------------------+------------------------+----------+

mysql> select * from user_group_map where user_id='586';
+---------+----------+---------+------------+
| user_id | group_id | isbless | grant_type |
+---------+----------+---------+------------+
|     586 |       41 |       0 |          0 |
+---------+----------+---------+------------+

mysql> select * from bug_group_map where bug_id='43049';
+--------+----------+
| bug_id | group_id |
+--------+----------+
|  43049 |       10 |
|  43049 |       41 |
+--------+----------+

mysql> select * from group_control_map where group_id='41';

Re: readonly user

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 18:42:26 -0800 "David Garvey"
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have created a new user and new group. However I am still unable to
> get read only access to the bug 43049. What am I missing?

        Why in the world are you doing this directly in the database?

        There is *nothing* you can do, administratively, directly in
the database that you can't do with editgroups.cgi and editusers.cgi.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

Re: readonly user

Marc Schumann
David,

2007/11/26, David Garvey <[hidden email]>:

> mysql> select * from user_group_map where user_id='586';
> +---------+----------+---------+------------+
> | user_id | group_id | isbless | grant_type |
> +---------+----------+---------+------------+
> |     586 |       41 |       0 |          0 |
> +---------+----------+---------+------------+
>
> mysql> select * from bug_group_map where bug_id='43049';
> +--------+----------+
> | bug_id | group_id |
> +--------+----------+
> |  43049 |       10 |
> |  43049 |       41 |
> +--------+----------+

you're not a member of group 10, so you cannot see the bug. Bugzilla's
groups work like locks on a door: you need the keys for all locks on
the door (i.e. need to be a member of all groups a bug is in) in order
to open the door (i.e. in order to view the bug).

   Regards
      Marc

Re: readonly user

david.garvey@gmail.com
There must be some sort of inheritance occuring here. I have given the user
group membership but it is not read-only. I can write in the bug
43049<http://bz.cashedge.com/show_bug.cgi?id=43049>
.
mysql> INSERT INTO user_group_map ( user_id, group_id) VALUES ("586","10");
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.47 sec)mysql> select * from user_group_map where
user_id='586';
+---------+----------+---------+------------+
| user_id | group_id | isbless | grant_type |
+---------+----------+---------+------------+
|     586 |       10 |       0 |          0 |
|     586 |       41 |       0 |          0 |
+---------+----------+---------+------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from group_group_map where grantor_id='10';
+-----------+------------+------------+
| member_id | grantor_id | grant_type |
+-----------+------------+------------+
|         6 |         10 |          0 |
|         6 |         10 |          1 |
|        40 |         10 |          0 |
+-----------+------------+------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

What must my I do in the group_control_map? I made this entry and it made
group 10 read-only.;) I am getting closer.

mysql> select * from group_control_map where group_id='41';
+----------+------------+-------+---------------+--------------+---------+
| group_id | product_id | entry | membercontrol | othercontrol | canedit |
+----------+------------+-------+---------------+--------------+---------+
|       41 |         12 |     1 |             2 |            1 |       1 |
+----------+------------+-------+---------------+--------------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> delete from group_control_map where group_id='41';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from group_control_map where product_id='12';
+----------+------------+-------+---------------+--------------+---------+
| group_id | product_id | entry | membercontrol | othercontrol | canedit |

Re: readonly user

Marc Schumann
David,

2007/11/26, David Garvey <[hidden email]>:
> There must be some sort of inheritance occuring here. I have given the user
> group membership but it is not read-only. I can write in the bug

well, you've established seeing the bug; let's go for read-only now.
(Keep in mind that commenting is always possible afaik.) In order to
edit, a user must either be a member of the editbugs group, or if
there is at least one group having editbugs marked in the access
control list settings of the product, be a member of all groups having
editbugs marked. (The keys-for-all-locks-on-the-door principle stated
earlier on your previous question applies here as well.)

So in order to make the user read-only, make sure the account is not a
member of the editbugs group, and make sure it is not in all groups
having editbugs checked for the product.

   Regards
      Marc