"procedure entry point CERT_GetFirstEmailAddress" not in nss3.dll

"procedure entry point CERT_GetFirstEmailAddress" not in nss3.dll

edburns
Hello,

I'm trying to build Firefox 1.5 from the tarball and the build is
failing with a dialog titled:

shlibsign.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point CERT_GetFirstEmailAddress could not be
located in the dynamic link library nss3.dll.

I'm building on Windows 2000 using VC++ 6.0.  My mozconfig is

. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/WIN32_D.OBJ
ac_add_options --enable-debug

Can someone please help me get past this?

Thanks,

Ed

Re: "procedure entry point CERT_GetFirstEmailAddress" not in nss3.dll

Mook-4
edburns wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build Firefox 1.5 from the tarball and the build is
> failing with a dialog titled:
>
> shlibsign.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>
> The procedure entry point CERT_GetFirstEmailAddress could not be
> located in the dynamic link library nss3.dll.
>
> I'm building on Windows 2000 using VC++ 6.0.  My mozconfig is

<snip>

> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Do you perhaps have some other copy of nss3.dll outside of your Mozilla
object tree?  I remember helping someone else on IRC before, and they
had one in %systemroot%\system32 for some reason...  Probably some other
software wanted it and stuck it there.

Dunno if that's the real problem, but may be worth a shot :)

--
Mook
mook dot moz at gmail

Re: "procedure entry point CERT_GetFirstEmailAddress" not in nss3.dll

edburns
Mook, thanks for your help.  That did the trick.

I've updated the build FAQ

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Mozilla_Build_FAQ#Win32-specific_questions

Ed