"options" windows in Firefox and Thunderbird ...

"options" windows in Firefox and Thunderbird ...

moumou-2
Hello all !!

I am an almost blind personn and I use very big polices both for
Windows XP and for any applications.
When I installed Firefox and Thunderbird, I changed the police size
through the option windows, and everything was fine ! BUT, at that
time, I didn't realize that the size of my polices makes the text in
these windos so big, that the window is not contained in the full
screen. Now I do not have access to certain buttons, for example
cleaning the cache, or the size of the police (extreme left of the
window). I just can't see them because there are no scrollbars in this
window !

Please, could it be possible to add scrollbars to this window in a next
release of Firefox and Thunderbird ??

Many thanks in advance !!

Luc Moulinier, Ph.D
Laboratoire de BioInformatique et Genomique Integratives,
IGBMC
1, rue laurent Fries
67 404 Illkirch cedex

Re: "options" windows in Firefox and Thunderbird ...

gwtc
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello all !!
>
> I am an almost blind personn and I use very big polices both for
> Windows XP and for any applications.
> When I installed Firefox and Thunderbird, I changed the police size
> through the option windows, and everything was fine ! BUT, at that
> time, I didn't realize that the size of my polices makes the text in
> these windos so big, that the window is not contained in the full
> screen. Now I do not have access to certain buttons, for example
> cleaning the cache, or the size of the police (extreme left of the
> window). I just can't see them because there are no scrollbars in this
> window !
>
> Please, could it be possible to add scrollbars to this window in a next
> release of Firefox and Thunderbird ??
>
> Many thanks in advance !!
>
> Luc Moulinier, Ph.D
> Laboratoire de BioInformatique et Genomique Integratives,
> IGBMC
> 1, rue laurent Fries
> 67 404 Illkirch cedex

To my understanding, scroll bars aren't added by the program, but by
the website itself.  So, could you provide a site where you're having
problems.

Also, disappearing scroll bars can be a result of an incompatible
theme, when upgrading.  Try switching to the default theme and see
what happens.

Re: "options" windows in Firefox and Thunderbird ...

Chris Applegate
gwtc wrote:

> To my understanding, scroll bars aren't added by the program, but by the
> website itself.  So, could you provide a site where you're having problems.
>
> Also, disappearing scroll bars can be a result of an incompatible theme,
> when upgrading.  Try switching to the default theme and see what happens.

I think the OP is referring to windows generated by Firefox and
Thunderbird, not web content in the viewport. As an experiment, set your
system font to some large number, then look at the TBird address book
and select New Card. In my experience, the OK button will often be below
the lower border of the window, and there is no way to get to it other
than tabbing and hoping that you hit the right button. I haven't tried
this recently, but I have seen it before.

--
CDA