"Clear Private Data"

Mario-4
With the use of "Clear Private Data" Button in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 it
doesn't delete the Javascript Console Messages. If there was a report it
wouldn't be deleted. So part of the browsing history could be tracked.

Re: "Clear Private Data"

Ketil Wendelbo Aanensen
Mario wrote:
> With the use of "Clear Private Data" Button in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 it
> doesn't delete the Javascript Console Messages. If there was a report it
> wouldn't be deleted. So part of the browsing history could be tracked.

Did you mark a bug for it in Bugzilla?
If not, you should.

- Ketil

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why?

Re: "Clear Private Data"

Mario-4
Ketil Wendelbo Aanensen wrote:

> Mario wrote:
>> With the use of "Clear Private Data" Button in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 it
>> doesn't delete the Javascript Console Messages. If there was a report it
>> wouldn't be deleted. So part of the browsing history could be tracked.
>
> Did you mark a bug for it in Bugzilla?
> If not, you should.
>
> - Ketil

It's not directly a bug, is it? It's just a (very important) wish for
the "Clear Private Data" function.

???

BTW: Do developers read this newsgroup??

Re: "Clear Private Data"

Matt Nordhoff
On 10/19/05 10:17, Mario wrote:
> With the use of "Clear Private Data" Button in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 it
> doesn't delete the Javascript Console Messages. If there was a report it
> wouldn't be deleted. So part of the browsing history could be tracked.

Meh. I guess. But that information is deleted on a restart...

--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)

Re: "Clear Private Data"

Matt Nordhoff
On 10/20/05 15:16, Mario wrote:

> Ketil Wendelbo Aanensen wrote:
>> Mario wrote:
>>> With the use of "Clear Private Data" Button in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 it
>>> doesn't delete the Javascript Console Messages. If there was a report it
>>> wouldn't be deleted. So part of the browsing history could be tracked.
>>
>> Did you mark a bug for it in Bugzilla?
>> If not, you should.
>>
>> - Ketil
>>

> It's not directly a bug, is it? It's just a (very important) wish for
> the "Clear Private Data" function.
>
> ???
>
> BTW: Do developers read this newsgroup??

Mozilla's Bugzilla isn't just used for bugs. It's used for feature
requests and other development-related stuff.

I dunno. Probably some do. I mean, if you work on Mozilla, you're most
likely going to visit their newsgroups.

--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)