question

GerardJan-8
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: question

RAV-2
On 12/12/2017 12:33 PM, GérardJan wrote:
> Dear reader,
>
> My screen has turned 90º how can I get it to normal again ?
>
> Yours sincerely,

Assuming you didn't physically turn your screen 90 degrees, I don't know
about your monitor and display adapter, but with mine, if you go into
Control Panel, Display, Adjust Resolution, Advanced settings, Intel HD
Graphics Control Panel, there is a "Rotation" option that can be set to
0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees.  Your setup is probably somewhat different
but perhaps there is a similar setting somewhere.

Re: question

Luis
Rav wrote:

> On 12/12/2017 12:33 PM, GérardJan wrote:
>> Dear reader,
>>
>> My screen has turned 90º how can I get it to normal again ?
>>
>> Yours sincerely,
>
> Assuming you didn't physically turn your screen 90 degrees, I don't know
> about your monitor and display adapter, but with mine, if you go into
> Control Panel, Display, Adjust Resolution, Advanced settings, Intel HD
> Graphics Control Panel, there is a "Rotation" option that can be set to
> 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees.  Your setup is probably somewhat different
> but perhaps there is a similar setting somewhere.
Ctrl+Alt+arrow
Up-down arrows turn screen vertically and left-right arrows turn it
horizontally.

Re: question

RAV-2
On 12/12/2017 1:35 PM, Luis wrote:

> Rav wrote:
>> On 12/12/2017 12:33 PM, GérardJan wrote:
>>> Dear reader,
>>>
>>> My screen has turned 90º how can I get it to normal again ?
>>>
>>> Yours sincerely,
>>
>> Assuming you didn't physically turn your screen 90 degrees, I don't
>> know about your monitor and display adapter, but with mine, if you go
>> into Control Panel, Display, Adjust Resolution, Advanced settings,
>> Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, there is a "Rotation" option that can
>> be set to 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees.  Your setup is probably
>> somewhat different but perhaps there is a similar setting somewhere.
> Ctrl+Alt+arrow
> Up-down arrows turn screen vertically and left-right arrows turn it
> horizontally.

I never knew that -- good to know, thanks.  Perhaps GérardJan pressed
one of those key combinations accidentally.

Re: question

WaltS48-8
On 12/12/17 1:29 PM, Rav wrote:

> On 12/12/2017 12:33 PM, GérardJan wrote:
>> Dear reader,
>>
>> My screen has turned 90º how can I get it to normal again ?
>>
>> Yours sincerely,
>
> Assuming you didn't physically turn your screen 90 degrees, I don't know
> about your monitor and display adapter, but with mine, if you go into
> Control Panel, Display, Adjust Resolution, Advanced settings, Intel HD
> Graphics Control Panel, there is a "Rotation" option that can be set to
> 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees.  Your setup is probably somewhat different
> but perhaps there is a similar setting somewhere.

And if it is a smartphone, just return it to Portrait mode. I think.

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop