prioritizing microsummary support for Firefox 2.0

prioritizing microsummary support for Firefox 2.0

Myk Melez
Per the emerging consensus that we should focus on getting the PRD into
shape, I'm starting this thread about prioritizing microsummary support
in Firefox.

Microsummaries add significant value to bookmarks for end users, and
they also exercise Places in new and interesting ways that may influence
its design, which is better influenced now while we can change it more
easily.

I think it's worth prioritizing microsummary support for Firefox 2.0.

For background on microsummaries see the proposal and walkthrough:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Microsummaries
http://www.melez.com/mozilla/microsummaries/walkthrough.html

(But let's discuss technical details in m.d.a.firefox and keep this
thread focused on the planning aspect.)

Thoughts?

-myk

Re: prioritizing microsummary support for Firefox 2.0

Mike Beltzner
Myk,

Would you be able to head up the technical work on integrating this? I agree that it would be great to have as part of the Bookmarks & History work, maybe as a P3 (in that the Places UI reqs would need to be higher priority)?

cheers,
mike

Mike Beltzner wrote:
> Myk,
>
> Would you be able to head up the technical work on integrating this? I agree that it would be great to have as part of the Bookmarks & History work, maybe as a P3 (in that the Places UI reqs would need to be higher priority)?

Mike,

Yep, I'd be thrilled to head up the technical work on integrating this,
with due attention to its prioritization relative to the Places UI reqs.

-myk