printing selection in pdf.js

sjw

printing selection in pdf.js

sjw
Hi

I just got a mail related to bug 839915.
It seems that visual impairment people are running quite often in this
issue, so we could improve accessibility by fixing this.

Does anyone know a better workaround for this than just using another
application to print?

Regards,
Jonas

Re: printing selection in pdf.js

Marco Zehe-3
Hi Jonas,

well, pdf.js has lots of other accessibility issues, like it not using
PDF's accessibility tags or PDF/UA at all. pdf.js is a third-party library
Firefox includes for convenience, but it cannot go beyond the very basics.
I suggest that, if someone needs some advanced PDF processing, they should
definitely install Adobe Reader, which also gives the added benefit that,
if a PDF file contains tags, they are also used.

Marco

> Hi
>
> I just got a mail related to bug 839915.
> It seems that visual impairment people are running quite often in this
> issue, so we could improve accessibility by fixing this.
>
> Does anyone know a better workaround for this than just using another
> application to print?
>
> Regards,
> Jonas

Re: printing selection in pdf.js

Silvia Pfeiffer
Might also be useful to encourage implementation of accessibility features
into PDF.js ?

Best Regards,
Silvia.