possible to use not exported functions/symbols of TB js files?

possible to use not exported functions/symbols of TB js files?

opto
is there a way/workaround to use functions/symbols that are not exported?

For example, searchDialog.js has a searchOnLoad() which is not exported.

I could try to copy it into my local content folder and export what I need, but then FolderDisplay.js is needed by SearchDialog.js but has nothing exported, and so on.

thanks,
Klaus

Re: possible to use not exported functions/symbols of TB js files?

R Kent James
On 9/24/2017 7:15 AM, opto wrote:
> is there a way/workaround to use functions/symbols that are not exported?
>
> For example, searchDialog.js has a searchOnLoad() which is not exported.
>
> I could try to copy it into my local content folder and export what I need, but then FolderDisplay.js is needed by SearchDialog.js but has nothing exported, and so on.
>
> thanks,
> Klaus

I don't really understand the question, or maybe I am not agreeing with
the premise of the question.

"Exporting" makes sense in the context of a module, but SearchDialog.js
is not a module, it is a simple javascript file that is added to the
context of a page. So any symbols that are global symbols in
SearchDialog.js (including searchOnLoad) should be accessible as global
symbols where SearchDialog.js is loaded (like SearchDialog.xul).

:rkent