places.sqlite.wal

Dave Yeo-3
Can someone verify that the official Firefox release does not finalize
places.sqlite on doing a clean close by checking if places.sqlite.wal is
left in your profile directory?
Dave

Re: places.sqlite.wal

David McKenna
Dave,

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:18:10 -0700, Dave Yeo wrote:

>Can someone verify that the official Firefox release does not finalize
>places.sqlite on doing a clean close by checking if places.sqlite.wal is
>left in your profile directory?
>Dave

  There is a places.sqlite-wal in my profile directory (firefox is closed)
dated today. Is that what you mean?

Regards,

Dave McKenna

Re: places.sqlite.wal

Dave Yeo-3
David McKenna wrote:

> Dave,
>
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:18:10 -0700, Dave Yeo wrote:
>
>> >Can someone verify that the official Firefox release does not finalize
>> >places.sqlite on doing a clean close by checking if places.sqlite.wal is
>> >left in your profile directory?
>> >Dave
>
>    There is a places.sqlite-wal in my profile directory (firefox is closed)
> dated today. Is that what you mean?

Yes, thanks, had a brain fart and mixed up - and.. It is supposed to be
gone, and was up to FF 24. It's the write ahead log.
Dave

Re: places.sqlite.wal

Dave Yeo-3
Dave Yeo wrote:

> David McKenna wrote:
>> Dave,

>>> places.sqlite.wal is
>>
>>    There is a places.sqlite-wal in my profile directory (firefox is
>> closed)
>> dated today. Is that what you mean?
>
> Yes, thanks, had a brain fart and mixed up - and.. It is supposed to be
> gone, and was up to FF 24. It's the write ahead log.
> Dave

Opened issue #181 about this
Dave

Re: places.sqlite.wal

Lars Erdmann
In addition it's cookies.sqlite-wal and webappsstore.sqlite-wal that
won't go away.

Lars