password change

hobbitmage
How would I change the password of a user within the mysql database?

i.e. after mysql -u bugs -p  .....

mysql> connect bugs;

mysql>  `cmd to change password for [hidden email]`

Regards,

Marc
_______________________________________________ mozilla-webtools mailing list [hidden email] http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools

Re: password change

Gervase Markham
marc jackson wrote:
> How would I change the password of a user within the mysql database?

Have you consulted the MySQL documentation?

Gerv

Re: password change

Christopher Hicks
On Mon, 23 May 2005, marc jackson wrote:
> How would I change the password of a user within the mysql database?
>
> i.e. after mysql -u bugs -p  .....
>
> mysql> connect bugs;
>
> mysql>  `cmd to change password for [hidden email]`

If you're admin wouldn't it be easier to do this through the bugzilla
interface itself?

--
</chris>

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: password change

hobbitmage

Yes, I did consult the MySQL documentation. Bugzilla doesn't use the users
table.

Regards,

Marc

[hidden email]<br>&gt;Subject: Re: password
jackson wrote:<br>&gt;&gt;How would I change the password of a user within
mailing

Re: password change

Gervase Markham
marc jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I did consult the MySQL documentation. Bugzilla doesn't use the
> users table.

Oh, I see. You want to change the password of a Bugzilla user, not a
MySQL user.

Use the GUI :-)

Gerv

Re: password change

hobbitmage

<chuckle>

Ok. You're saying that the only way to change a bugzilla password is with the Gui?

ok then.

mj

>From: Gervase Markham <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: password change
>Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:46:21 +0100
>
>marc jackson wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Yes, I did consult the MySQL documentation. Bugzilla doesn't use
>>the users table.
>
>Oh, I see. You want to change the password of a Bugzilla user, not a
>MySQL user.
>
>Use the GUI :-)
>
>Gerv

Re: password change

Gervase Markham
marc jackson wrote:
> <chuckle>
>
> Ok. You're saying that the only way to change a bugzilla password is
> with the Gui?

If you mean a Bugzilla account password, then the only
non-hacking-the-database-directly way is via the GUI, yes.

Gerv