nsIAccessible interface

Håkan Waara
Just looking over this interface to see what is shared among the impls.

* Do both the MSAA and the ATK implementations implement every method
of nsIAccessible?
* Is this interface thought to be totally abstract?
* Are there platform-independent constants? If there are, perhaps one
could define them in nsIAccessible and map every platform-specific
attribute to them inside their respective modules.

/Håkan_______________________________________________
dev-accessibility mailing list

Re: nsIAccessible interface

Aaron Leventhal-3
Håkan Waara wrote:
> Just looking over this interface to see what is shared among the impls.
>
> * Do both the MSAA and the ATK implementations implement every method of
> nsIAccessible?
The implementations tend to be in cross platform classes, although
nsAccessibleWrap, nsDocAccessibleWrap and all ns*AccessibleWrap classes
are platform dependent and can override the cross platform behavior (see
accessible/src/msaa and accessible/src/atk).
> * Is this interface thought to be totally abstract?
What do you mean in this context -- aren't all interfaces abstract?

> * Are there platform-independent constants? If there are, perhaps one
> could define them in nsIAccessible and map every platform-specific
> attribute to them inside their respective modules.
Role and state constants. I agree, we should fix that. There should not
be any platform ifdefs in idl files.

26 apr 2006 kl. 14.31 skrev Aaron Leventhal:

> Håkan Waara wrote:
>> Just looking over this interface to see what is shared among the
>> impls.
>> * Do both the MSAA and the ATK implementations implement every
>> method of nsIAccessible?
> The implementations tend to be in cross platform classes, although
> nsAccessibleWrap, nsDocAccessibleWrap and all ns*AccessibleWrap
> classes are platform dependent and can override the cross platform
> behavior (see accessible/src/msaa and accessible/src/atk).
>> * Is this interface thought to be totally abstract?
> What do you mean in this context -- aren't all interfaces abstract?

True. I think what I was trying to get at was basically, "how much of
this code is truly shared/lowest common denominator?", but you
answered that below.

>> * Are there platform-independent constants? If there are, perhaps
>> one could define them in nsIAccessible and map every platform-
>> specific attribute to them inside their respective modules.
> Role and state constants. I agree, we should fix that. There should
> not be any platform ifdefs in idl files.

Ok, filed bug 335513 for that.