no text input

Jayant Murthy
Quite often (about once every 10 minutes) firefox beta 2 refuses to
accept any text input although I can paste into text fields.
Restarting firefox works but then the problem reappears. Is there
anything I can do to at least get the input working again?

Thanks,
Jayant
--
Jayant Murthy
Indian Institute of Astrophysics

Re: no text input

Mark Klebanoff

Jayant Murthy wrote:

> Quite often (about once every 10 minutes) firefox beta 2 refuses to
> accept any text input although I can paste into text fields.
> Restarting firefox works but then the problem reappears. Is there
> anything I can do to at least get the input working again?
>
> Thanks,
> Jayant
> --
> Jayant Murthy
> Indian Institute of Astrophysics
> Koramangala, Bangalore 34
> India

I have the same problem, but I've never seen it mentioned here before.
The problem seems to appear irregularly for me.

Re: no text input

Dave Yeo
Jayant Murthy wrote:
> Quite often (about once every 10 minutes) firefox beta 2 refuses to
> accept any text input although I can paste into text fields.
> Restarting firefox works but then the problem reappears. Is there
> anything I can do to at least get the input working again?
>
> Thanks,
> Jayant

Old bug. Try minimizing Firefox then restoring it.
Dave

--
While mindlink used to be my ISP now it is paralynx dot com. Please adjust the reply address to reflect the different domain

Re: no text input

Steve Wendt
Jayant Murthy wrote:

> Quite often (about once every 10 minutes) firefox beta 2 refuses to
> accept any text input although I can paste into text fields.
> Restarting firefox works but then the problem reappears. Is there
> anything I can do to at least get the input working again?

That's the bug that Rich (by way of Peter) recently provided a fix for,
but it was for Seamonkey - I don't know if the same wdgtos2.dll works
with Firefox.  I assume/hope the next builds will contain the fix.